News from St Helens Reporter
Dozens of the suspended train services between Preston and Blackpool will not be coming back until September. Here are the affected routes: All services between Blackpool and Manchester Airport - via Preston - will be reintroduced on July 30. Ten of...
A Newton-le-Willows man has been jailed for his involvement in a banned neo-Nazi organisation. He is one of two prominent members of National Action who have been sentenced today. During a six week trial at The Old Bailey in London, the court heard...
The Government is today accused of “turning a blind eye” to concern that suicide rates among military veterans are spiralling. A Johnston Press investigation has found no comprehensive official records are kept of the number of British ex-servicemen...
Wigan's Poundworld store is among 40 set to close, as administrators announce plans to axe a further 531 jobs. Ten jobs will be lost when the shop on Standishgate closes, with a further 15 people affected by the closure of the branch in St Helens....
The benefits system in St Helens is being given a massive shake-up with the launch of the full service of Universal Credit. Residents who previously claimed six separate benefits who make new claims from Wednesday have to apply to the new welfare...
A new TV series aims to introduce one of the north west's most popular beauty spots to a new generation. Adventurer and explorer Paul Rose will be taking viewers to some of the lesser-known spots of the Lake District in his new four-part series, The...
The RSPCA is urging families to think before they buy a guinea pig after a huge increase in neglect and cruelty cases involving the furry animals. Already this year, 250 have been reported as abandoned to the RSPCA with 1,402 reported over the last...
A grieving family has paid tribute to a "special, beautiful" man who died in a car crash. Joseph Michael Keane, 28, from Billinge, was fatally injured in the collision on the A65 near Ingleton at about 4.15pm on Friday. He was a passenger in...
More than 72,000 university students in Lancashire could be eligible for a £50 TV Licence refund. Cash-strapped students who are leaving their halls or rented accommodation this summer and moving to a licensed address could claim for any full months...
A man unintentionally set the roof of his house on fire while trying to smoke out a wasps' nest during England's World Cup semi-final. Fire crews were called to the bizarre incident in Billinge at around 8.30pm on Wednesday - just as the Three Lions...
Today Virgin Trains are removing ticket restrictions on all of its services to help England fans get home earlier for tonight’s semi-final match against Croatia. Tickets for Wednesday 11th July will be valid on any services on Virgin’s west coast...
- 23:26 Custody for 'Columbine' plot schoolboys
- 23:26 Novichok victim Charlie Rowley leaves hospital
- 23:26 Khalid Ali: Westminster plot bomb-maker jailed for life
- 23:26 UK weather: Driest start to summer on modern record
- 23:26 Michel Barnier questions Theresa May's Brexit White Paper
- 23:25 Mortgage misery: The homeowners facing repossession
- 23:25 Six ways China could retaliate in a trade war
- 23:25 Smart meters to cut energy bills by just £11, say MPs
- 06:47 Dol-y-Moch: Re-living childhood days at the 'slimy lake'
- 06:47 Gareth Shaw: If you’re not claiming marriage allowance, why not?
- 06:47 Susan Dalgety: Embrace legacy of Otis and Elvis in the name of freedom
- 06:47 Child-friendly gigs praised by parents
- 06:47 Brian Wilson: There’s a sinister side to Sturgeon’s new Catalan friend
- 06:47 Rare 50p coin sells for staggering £840 on eBay
- 06:47 Stephen Jardine: I was wrong about the future of restaurants
- 06:47 Watch: Moment police raid Nuneaton home and find thousands of...
- 06:47 Thatcher ‘Eurosceptic’ speech was never meant to be anti-EU,...
- 06:47 Foreign Secretary calls on Nato members to increase defence spending
- 06:47 MPs visit farm to highlight ‘crisis’ of berry picker shortage
- 06:47 Brian Wilson: The weakness of May and Corbyn has been exposed
- 06:47 John McLellan: The blood on the Brexit carpet can’t be ignored
- 06:47 Johnny Vegas reveals dramatic weight loss after split from wife
- 06:47 Jane Bradley: The sad end of this sporting life
- 06:47 Leader comment: Girl Guide badges to include actual Moon-walking?
- 06:47 This is when all the new Cathedral Lanes restaurants are opening
- 06:47 Girlguides ditch home making for mixology in culture change
- 06:47 Long-term CJD survivor at centre of legal protection battle
- 06:47 Person injured 'by falling object' near Coventry city centre - recap
- 06:47 Now That’s What I Call Music! hits 100th edition
- 06:47 Watch: Rare 200mph supercar cruises along M40