News from Fleetwood Today
Lancashire County Council will tell the government that future decisions about fracking should be taken locally. At a meeting of the full council, members voted how to respond to a consultation which proposes ministers having the first and final say....
A councillor’s call to restrict the number of takeaways in areas with high childhood obesity and deprivation has won unanimous support. Charles Edwards put his proposal to a meeting of Lancashire County Council. WATCH: the councillor who wants...
Dozens of the suspended train services between Preston and Blackpool will not be coming back until September. Here are the affected routes: All services between Blackpool and Manchester Airport - via Preston - will be reintroduced on July 30. Ten of...
Dozens of the suspended train services between Preston and Blackpool will not be coming back until September, it has been revealed. Northern suspended 30 services between Preston and Blackpool South as chaos engulfed the network after it introduced a...
Anti-fracking campaigners have urged people to have a say on Government plans to take decisions on shale gas drilling bids away from local authorities. The government has launched two consultations to fast-track fracking bids. People have until...
A backlog of road repairs caused by harsh winter weather will be cleared, the leader of Lancashire County Council has promised. Geoff Driver told a meeting of the full council: “The money is there and it will be done.” He was responding to a question...
Lancashire County Council has rejected a claim that it can take up to three years to replace missing signs identifying public footpaths. Independent councillor Paul Greenall told a meeting of the full council that the absence of a Rights of Way...
Following the announcement of a hosepipe ban, United Utilities has submitted drought applications to take more water from lakes. The company – which is bringing in a hosepipe ban from August 5 – has submitted three drought applications. The company...
A new plaque to mark Sooty’s 70th birthday has been unveiled on Blackpool’s North Pier – where the children’s TV favourite was discovered 70 years ago. Sooty and his pal Richard Cadell appeared on ITV’s This Morning, with presenter Alison Hammond live...
The Friday Alternative returns to The Steamer on July 20 when Lancaster-based power trio Tin Pan Alley debut at The Queens Terrace venue . The band have been regular visitors to the Fylde Coast over the years, often at The Kite Club in Blackpool...
Wondering where to take your children over the summer holidays? Here is a list of the best play parks, as voted by readers. To view the vote click here /vote-where-are-the-best-children-s-play-parks-in-lancashire-1-9252829
Ambulance staff across the North West have stepped up their long-running pay dispute and are set to take industrial action every weekend up to October. The on-going action, by paramedic members the GMB union, will take the form of a full withdrawal of...
A group of travellers is still parked up on land in the Norbreck area of Blackpool, causing concern to residents in the area. Around 20 vans moved onto land off Warren Drive on Tuesday night, having re-located from a site on nearby Moor Park, where...
For all the glitz and glamour of Blackpool, and for all the improvements made over the past decade – from overhauling the Prom to attracting A-listers like Will Smith, and from cleaning the beaches to building new one-of-a-kind rollercoasters – there...
The head of NHS England is taking a personal interest in the progress being made to close a facility housing adults with learning disabilities in Lancashire. The unit, formerly known as Calderstones, is based at Whalley near Clitheroe. It is due to...
- 23:26 Custody for 'Columbine' plot schoolboys
- 23:26 Novichok victim Charlie Rowley leaves hospital
- 23:26 Khalid Ali: Westminster plot bomb-maker jailed for life
- 23:26 UK weather: Driest start to summer on modern record
- 23:26 Michel Barnier questions Theresa May's Brexit White Paper
- 23:25 Mortgage misery: The homeowners facing repossession
- 23:25 Six ways China could retaliate in a trade war
- 23:25 Smart meters to cut energy bills by just £11, say MPs
- 06:47 Dol-y-Moch: Re-living childhood days at the 'slimy lake'
- 06:47 Gareth Shaw: If you’re not claiming marriage allowance, why not?
- 06:47 Susan Dalgety: Embrace legacy of Otis and Elvis in the name of freedom
- 06:47 Child-friendly gigs praised by parents
- 06:47 Brian Wilson: There’s a sinister side to Sturgeon’s new Catalan friend
- 06:47 Rare 50p coin sells for staggering £840 on eBay
- 06:47 Stephen Jardine: I was wrong about the future of restaurants
- 06:47 Watch: Moment police raid Nuneaton home and find thousands of...
- 06:47 Thatcher ‘Eurosceptic’ speech was never meant to be anti-EU,...
- 06:47 Foreign Secretary calls on Nato members to increase defence spending
- 06:47 MPs visit farm to highlight ‘crisis’ of berry picker shortage
- 06:47 Brian Wilson: The weakness of May and Corbyn has been exposed
- 06:47 John McLellan: The blood on the Brexit carpet can’t be ignored
- 06:47 Johnny Vegas reveals dramatic weight loss after split from wife
- 06:47 Jane Bradley: The sad end of this sporting life
- 06:47 Leader comment: Girl Guide badges to include actual Moon-walking?
- 06:47 This is when all the new Cathedral Lanes restaurants are opening
- 06:47 Girlguides ditch home making for mixology in culture change
- 06:47 Long-term CJD survivor at centre of legal protection battle
- 06:47 Person injured 'by falling object' near Coventry city centre - recap
- 06:47 Now That’s What I Call Music! hits 100th edition
- 06:47 Watch: Rare 200mph supercar cruises along M40