Zipline blood delivery drone applies for US trial
Drone delivery firm Zipline has revealed a new aircraft that it says will let it make up to 500 deliveries every day.
Zipline operates a commercial service delivering blood supplies in Rwanda.
The new drone weighs 20kg (44lb) and can carry 1.75kg of cargo. It can drop its delivery to an area about the size of two parking spaces.
The firm has now applied to take part in a trial being organised by the US Federal Aviation Authority (FAA).
The UAS Integration Pilot Program is a partnership between local governments and the commercial sector.
The list of projects chosen for the trial will be... read more
- 08:40 Nakkiah Lui on gender, race and her new comedy show: ‘What if your...
- 08:40 Sharp Objects recap: season one, episode three – Fix
- 08:39 Rich countries pushing 'dirty energy' in Africa, report claims
- 08:39 One Nation candidate sold debt-laden company to Irish novice...
- 08:39 Japan heatwave prompts concern over conditions for 2020 Olympics
- 08:39 Toronto shooting: woman and gunman dead, 13 injured in Danforth...
- 08:39 Justine Damond: family of Australian shot dead by policeman to file...
- 08:39 Greece and Russia trade barbs in worsening war of words
- 08:39 Three men arrested over acid attack on three-year-old boy
- 08:39 Play shines light on Trojan Horse 'Islamist plot' to run schools
- 08:39 Two quarks for Muster Higgs
- 08:39 Trevor Noah responds to boycott calls over racist joke about...
- 08:39 Monday’s best TV: Storyville: Insha’Allah Democracy; Give It a Year
- 08:39 'Twaddle': librarians respond to suggestion Amazon should replace...
- 08:39 Tim Minchin lands new TV series Upright: 'The show I've been...
- 08:39 David Bowie's first demo track discovered in old bread basket
- 08:39 I'm a bisexual woman who has met a lovely man – but I can’t have...
- 08:39 Diana Penny: Scotland’s tourism and travel businesses are booming
- 08:38 10,000 customers move to ‘democratic’ energy firm
- 08:38 Plan early and avoid debit cards: how to get the most from holiday...
- 08:38 Brian Monteith: A new party offers no guarantees of reversing...
- 08:39 Loris Karius hits back at Liverpool fans who mocked him for...
- 08:38 Leader comment: Turbulent times may demand change
- 08:38 Why didn’t my Eames chairs come up to the mark?
- 08:38 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit puts our fruit farmers in a jam
- 08:39 Jose Mourinho fires warning to Anthony Martial after Chelsea...
- 08:38 Communities could lose out on broadband and mobile coverage
- 08:39 Brazil far-right politician enters presidential race
- 08:38 Wheelchair access row over 100 rail stations
- 08:39 Iker Casillas launches staunch defence of under-fire Liverpool...