Zimbabwe's Mnangagwa seeks end to Western sanctions
Zimbabwe's new President Emmerson Mnangagwa is seeking the removal of sanctions imposed by Western countries, saying they are crippling national development.
He also indicated that elections due next July could be brought forward.
Speaking to governing Zanu-PF party leaders, Mr Mnangagwa said the government would do everything to make sure they were credible, free and fair.
Mr Mnangagwa became president last month after Robert Mugabe was ousted.
Mr Mnangagwa is expected to be endorsed on Friday as party leader and presidential candidate for Zanu-PF at the elections.
Mr Mugabe, 93, has not... read more
- 16:26 This is when the sun is set to make a return to Sheffield
- 16:26 Tributes to Ironville veteran
- 16:23 This is when the sun is set to make a return to Sheffield
- 16:23 Tributes to Ironville veteran
- 16:22 Lucy Bronze in the running for goal of the season
- 16:21 Extreme weather no obstacle on Northamptonshire doctor's...
- 16:20 Ex-teacher accused in Australia deemed fit for Israel extradition...
- 16:20 Pop-up ping pong parlour opens at Dalton Park
- 16:20 Tributes to Ironville veteran
- 16:20 Staff at Northamptonshire care home go 'extra mile' as CQC rates it...
- 16:19 Mixing booze with energy drinks can make you more violent and less...
- 16:18 Extreme temperatures 'especially likely for next four years'
- 16:17 Dispute over Chorley councillor's campaign to move Eccleston's war...
- 16:17 Drink-driver 'unfortunate' to be before the courts
- 16:17 Cricket club hit for six by huge water bill following mystery leak
- 16:16 Police search for missing 14-year-old Long Marton boy
- 16:15 Interview: 300-year-old The Beggar’s Opera as relevant as ever
- 16:15 Swedish prime minister asks ‘what the f*** are you doing’ after...
- 16:14 Special day for ton-up McLean
- 16:14 Liverpool news: Chris Sutton says new signing can lead Reds to...
- 16:14 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Wednesday, August 15,...
- 16:14 Copyright row as charity and artist see red over poppies on...
- 16:13 Cricket club hit for six by huge water bill following mystery leak
- 16:13 Firefighters tackle skip blaze in Barrow
- 16:11 Babies in prams 'exposed to more pollution'
- 16:10 Mo Salah mobile phone autograph hunter speaks out after online...
- 16:10 Glasgow School of Art fire security cordon 'could be reduced in two...
- 16:09 Tyson Fury aims barb at Deontay Wilder in buildup to Francesco...
- 16:09 Not guilty, but Ben Stokes faces a battle to restore his reputation
- 16:09 Police update on woman found injured on Cleethorpes beach