YP Letters: NHS plan will help preserve the nation’s most prized asset, writes Health Minister
From: Stephen Hammond MP, Minister of State for Health.
THE NHS touches all our lives at some point. Whether that is new lives, brought safely into the world every day at hospitals like Jimmy’s in Leeds, or lives about to end, saved by world-leading medicine and our extraordinary emergency services at the Leeds General Infirmary.
And across the country more than one million hardworking staff dedicate their professional lives to the NHS. It isn’t just hospital services. The NHS is doing more now than ever before to help people to live longer in their communities and at home – joining up... read more
- 17:35 Warm and sunny weekend could see record temperature for February
- 17:33 Libby Squire's heartbroken parents speak of 'unending torture and...
- 17:33 Police having to cope with 'considerably' fewer resources
- 17:31 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl warn shoppers not to eat these foods
- 17:31 Another airport suffered delays from a drone sighting
- 17:30 Man blames hotel hot tub after infected pinky toe is amputated
- 17:29 Cleveland Fire Authority finance chief allays concerns over impact...
- 17:29 This is the extensive Leeds underground system that was never built
- 17:29 Claude Goretta obituary
- 17:28 Visually impaired people invited to apply for free audio device
- 17:28 International Women's Day: Pink Link Lancashire event at Ribby Hall...
- 17:28 Police speak out after men jailed for brewery wrecking spree
- 17:28 Family sentenced over £240,000 theft and damage at Thwaites brewery
- 17:28 No-deal Brexit 'could disrupt London commuter trains'
- 17:28 VIDEO: Despicable borough burglars jailed for trashing brewery site...
- 17:28 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl warn shoppers not to eat these foods
- 17:27 Strike action looms as Scotland’s biggest teaching union rejects...
- 17:26 Five jobs at risk with Melton town centre shop set to close
- 17:26 Dad ‘held his four-year-old son’s hand on hot stove to discipline him’
- 17:26 This is the extensive Leeds underground system that was never built
- 17:25 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl are urgently recalling these food...
- 17:25 Dublin airport passengers relieved after drone sighting causes...
- 17:24 Friends of former cancer sufferer helping achieve 'life-changing'...
- 17:24 Ceiling collapses at Pontins while families gathered to play bingo
- 17:24 Another airport suffered delays from a drone sighting
- 17:23 Suspected hare coursers attack men with chains in shocking video
- 17:21 A community full of good people
- 17:21 Danny Murphy slams Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri over ‘Sarri-ball’...
- 17:20 Wanted: Residents' views on ways to improve air quality in Lancaster
- 17:21 Knaresborough Young Farmers' Tractor Run: Countdown for annual push...