Youngster abandons quad bike in huge puddle on Shirebrook 'dirt track' after fleeing from police
A quad bike was seized after a young rider left it abandoned in a huge puddle in Shirebrook as he fled from police.
In a tweet posted on social media website Twitter, Derbyshire Roads Police Unit said the youngster had been 'zipping about on this quad' before panicking and driving off down a dirt track.
The post said that the rider then underestimated the depth of a puddle, which caused the machine to cut out and the youngster to run off.
A photo attached to the tweet revealed that officers named the unknown driver as 'Ran Off', adding 'Wet Wet Wet' next to their surname. They also wrote... read more
- 02:38 Opposition view: Bath boss Blackadder left to rue last-minute try
- 02:02 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer working closely with Manchester United’s Sport...
- 01:51 Saudi Arabia appoints its first female ambassador to US
- 01:51 Are these the perfect postcards from space?
- 01:50 BBC Scotland TV channel prepares to launch
- 01:45 Saudi Arabia announces princess as US ambassador
- 01:36 Australia's trade minister raises concerns about China's coal...
- 01:13 EU referendum registration deadline extended
- 01:09 James DeGale ‘pretty sure’ he will retire after loss Chris Eubank Jr
- 01:04 IN PICTURES: Runners take on endurance challenges along the...
- 00:55 Northampton Saints 27 Bath 26: Tom Vickers' review and player ratings
- 00:53 Church of England urges five days of prayer for poor as Brexit looms
- 00:49 Brexit: What would it mean for UK pensioners living in Europe?
- 00:49 What has really happened since Macpherson's report
- 00:47 New strategy to help deal with dementia issue in Lincolnshire is...
- 00:32 Rory McIlroy shooting for a Mexico stand-off with Dustin Johnson
- 00:32 Chris Eubank Jr beats James DeGale to send Londoner towards retirement
- 00:29 Oscars 2019: How will the ceremony change this year?
- 00:28 Tymoshenko v Tymoshenko: Funny business at the polls
- 00:28 Australian farmers' long road after mass cattle deaths
- 00:28 Gambling addict with brain injury spent £210,000
- 00:28 Supermarkets misleading shoppers on healthy food, say nutritionists
- 00:24 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall -...
- 00:19 Greece's invisible minority - the Macedonian Slavs
- 00:18 Kim Jong Un boards train to head to summit with Trump in Vietnam
- 00:17 'He lost control' - Craig Hignett reacts to remarkable refereeing...
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:15 Observer sudoku
- 00:11 Scots activewear brand launches jacket made out of coffee grounds
- 00:11 Two injured after major 11-vehicle crash on M8 in central Glasgow