Young Saudis in London welcome crown prince's modernising drive
If Mohammed bin Salman, the 32-year-old crown prince of Saudi Arabia, has a natural constituency for his reform programme, it is his country’s cohort of well-educated young people who are living abroad.
Amid the chandeliers, fruit cocktails and discreet luxury of Mayfair’s Dorchester hotel, Saudi youth – predominantly students or entrepreneurs resident in the UK – came out in force on Wednesday night to celebrate the changes being pushed through by the prince.
There were some hijabs in sight, but just as many leather jackets, iPhones and unaccompanied groups of women for an event run by the... read more
- 00:59 New York inmate's golf drawings lead to exoneration in murder
- 00:58 Hologram phone calls - sci-fi or serious possibility?
- 00:58 Trump's tariffs putting the squeeze on the Midwest
- 00:58 Brexit will have 'worse economic impact on UK than EU'
- 00:51 Dejan Lovren denies wrongdoing after being charged with perjury
- 00:50 Sudoku 4,170 hard
- 00:44 Gaia Pope: Family appeals for art in memory of teenager
- 00:44 Rail: 'Lack of accountability' led to timetable chaos
- 00:43 Letter from Africa: The link between earth tremors, God and...
- 00:40 Mark Cuban to donate $10m after probe into Mavericks' workplace...
- 00:39 Labour pledges ban on TV gambling adverts during live sports
- 00:39 'No one took charge' – rail industry and DfT lambasted for chaos
- 00:31 Golfers add to the impressive charity funds
- 00:27 Cecilia Haddad murder: former Brazilian boyfriend confessed to...
- 00:22 The Yorkshire Post says: A forgotten army. Stop taking carers for...
- 00:22 The Yorkshire Post says: New foundations. Home truths on social...
- 00:22 Ros Altmann: Plan is not a silver bullet for care crisis
- 00:22 Joe Seddon: Oxbridge’s ivory towers need a level playing field
- 00:22 Jayne Dowle: Cap on EU workers must mean end to skills snobbery
- 00:20 The Yorkshire Post says: A forgotten army. Stop taking carers for...
- 00:20 Ros Altmann: Plan is not a silver bullet for care crisis
- 00:20 Joe Seddon: Oxbridge’s ivory towers need a level playing field
- 00:20 Transport Secretary Chris Grayling launches rail review to probe...
- 00:20 Chris Grayling’s department criticised in damning timetabling chaos...
- 00:19 Bournemouth news: Junior Stanislas opens up on potential return...
- 00:19 Cristiano Ronaldo: Juventus forward 'will' play against Man Utd...
- 00:19 SPEN MAN DENIES 'ORCHESTRATING' FIRE
- 00:19 Scholes on brink of return to CYL Premier
- 00:18 Martin Sellner: The new face of the far right in Europe
- 00:18 Too much gluten while pregnant linked to increased diabetes risk...