Young Marx and The Slaves Of Solitude review: Vivid portraits and an eye for period detail
According to Richard Bean and Clive Coleman, the joint authors of Young Marx, it does so within the same play.
Young Marx is set in 1850, a fallow period in Marx’s life, two years after the publication of the Communist Manifesto and 17 years before the first volume of Das Kapital.
He and his family are living in Soho, subsidised in part by his wealthy associate Friedrich Engels and, in part, by pawning his aristocratic wife’s family silver.
Bean and Coleman play fast and loose with history: forgivably amalgamating Marx’s children and claiming that he was the father of his housekeeper’s... read more
- 13:23 Sainsbury’s to start selling own brand sex toys from £8
- 13:22 When do clocks go back in 2018 and why do we change them
- 13:22 Premier League transfer news: Leonardo Bonucci, Mauro Icardi,...
- 13:22 Supermarket meat thief attacked security guard
- 13:20 Incredible pictures showing British Army’s power and...
- 13:20 Saints suffer big Mallinder injury blow
- 13:19 Salmonella warning over pink meat
- 13:19 Wellingborough man pleads guilty to biting one-year-old boy
- 13:19 Can you help to find the 80-something-year-old couple that this...
- 13:18 Wellingborough man pleads guilty to biting one-year-old boy
- 13:16 Interview: The Lecht’s James McIntosh looks forward to a winter of...
- 13:16 'We deserve the best possible care today' - Lancashire woman damns...
- 13:15 Prisoner with ‘thug’ tattoo absconds from Derbyshire jail
- 13:14 Prisoner with ‘thug’ tattoo absconds from Derbyshire jail
- 13:13 Harry and Meghan: Duke sips kava drink as royals land in Fiji
- 13:13 A bins problem that's the weight of 250 hippos in Birmingham -...
- 13:13 YP Letters: John Bercow’s words go with territory in Commons
- 13:13 Salmonella warning over pink meat
- 13:12 Thousands of children with Send excluded from schools
- 13:10 Arsenal news: Emery weakness revealed, Neville in Wenger claim,...
- 13:10 King of Crime: cybercrime gangster thriller to premiere at Burnley...
- 13:09 'Instagram used more than Snapchat' by US teens
- 13:06 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp sent fierce transfer warning ahead of...
- 13:06 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi reveals the biggest thing Unai Emery has...
- 13:06 Witnesses to Blackpool attack sought by police
- 13:05 Travellers in Spiceball Park car park ‘won’t leave until Friday’
- 13:05 JK Rowling's Harry Potter continues to drive profits at Bloomsbury
- 13:05 Morecambe and Wise documentary to include rare US footage of the duo
- 13:04 Melton pub regulars stunned as football legend Gazza drops in
- 13:02 Woman airlifted after incident in woods near Nuneaton