You're much more likely to die of cancer if you live in certain parts of Liverpool
Residents in Liverpool’s most deprived areas are four times more likely to die from lung cancer than those who live in the wealthiest parts of the city.
A bleak report from the council’s Social Care and Health Select Committee reveals Liverpool has higher cancer incidence rates than any other core city in the UK - with some communities suffering worse than others.
The report reveals residents living in the poorest parts of the city are twice as likely to die prematurely from cancer, with lung cancer rates four times as high in the most deprived wards compared to the least deprived.
The... read more
- 07:19 Call to get involved in how your NHS works in Northumberland and...
- 07:19 Only four Manchester United players still liked Jose Mourinho by...
- 07:18 Police discover £200k cannabis farm in Doncaster
- 07:14 Police discover £200k cannabis farm in Doncaster
- 07:13 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:13 Defeinding champions Edinburgh still 1872 underdogs, says Cockerill
- 07:13 Listen out for changes in your date’s voice to see if they fancy you
- 07:10 Sheffield Wednesday Exclusive: I’ll tell you the truth at fans’...
- 07:09 Emergency pods 'useful tool' for rough sleeping, says charity
- 07:09 Boy died 14 years after being shaken as a baby leaving him with...
- 07:09 NSW excoriates federal Coalition over blocking of emissions...
- 07:05 Police issue national appeal for help to find missing Chinese...
- 07:03 Woman who broke back diving into swimming pool in Thailand getting...
- 07:03 Live updates: Traffic held on M1 due to a collision on A46 slip
- 07:02 Police issue national appeal for help to find missing Chinese...
- 07:02 Call to get involved in how your NHS works in Northumberland and...
- 06:59 Bank of England must reform to meet spending targets, says NAO
- 06:59 Wednesday’s weather is a mixed bag
- 06:55 Rotherham United threaten racist fans with lifetime ban
- 06:54 Rotherham United threaten racist fans with lifetime ban
- 06:52 Taxi drivers and hotel staff will be trained to help the fight...
- 06:52 Wednesday’s weather is a mixed bag
- 06:51 Wednesday’s weather is a mixed bag
- 06:48 Cleckheaton produce season’s best in derby triumph over Bees
- 06:46 Why Leeds is forefront of pioneering campaign to revolutionise...
- 06:46 Your View: Police performance
- 06:46 Have your say on city Clean Air Zone
- 06:44 Time to move on – young prisoners are taking the opportunity to...
- 06:44 Sheila Voas: Make sure you haven’t been sold a pup farmed by criminals
- 06:44 Why Birmingham may be a role model for Scottish cities – Chris McCall