You can take our World Cup dream but you can never take away our bananas goal celebrations like THIS in Cleethorpes
This is the scene in a Cleethorpes bar as England scored the goal that looked as if it might take them to the World Cup final.
The Market Tavern exploded with jubilant fans as Kieran Trippier scored from a free kick in the fifth minute in their semi-final against Croatia.
Fans hurled beer in the air, hugged and one delirious supporter managed to dive across the crowded heads of other fans in the bedlam.
With England in front at half-time, fans had spilled out into Market Place, letting off flares and singing to celebrate going into half time.
At pubs across the borough the goal brought wild... read more
- 12:19 Usain Bolt’s football dream keeps on running but reality fails to...
- 12:19 Carlisle farm building blaze requires 20 firefighters and five...
- 12:18 Rhod goes back on the road
- 12:16 Einstein's directors fear Chesterfield development could cause...
- 12:16 Children cheer residents
- 12:15 Linkin Park pay emotional tribute to Chester Bennington on first...
- 12:15 Your 'NOW' music CD compilation could be worth a fortune
- 12:15 This is what Jack Grealish has said to Steve Bruce ahead of Aston...
- 12:14 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 12:10 Lesson in world culture for Boston pupils in 2008
- 12:09 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 12:09 Two people cut free from three vehicle crash near Lincoln leading...
- 12:07 Barrow council refuses to provide support services for Universal...
- 12:07 Wasps weekly: Jimmy Gopperth, Brad Shields, James Haskell, Ricoh...
- 12:07 FGH celebrate the generosity of Barrow woman
- 12:07 Rookie defender signs first professional contract with Coventry City
- 12:07 Ask an expert: what foods should i give my weaning baby?
- 12:07 Swimming safety a top concern for Bootle community
- 12:07 Former Southampton trainee signs professional deal with Coventry City
- 12:07 Fire bosses ask parents to educate kids on kitchen safety this summer
- 12:07 Coventry City snap up two players as Dujon Sterling opens up on...
- 12:07 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for green bean and new potato ‘tonnato’ salad
- 12:07 How best to repot a houseplant
- 12:07 Tamal Ray’s recipe for white nougat with dried apricot and cherry
- 12:05 Tour de France 2018: stage 14 – live!
- 12:01 Savvy pupils turn disused block into business hub
- 12:00 BREAKING: Body found in Skegness park
- 11:59 Yorkshire Regiment’s freedom march through Wakefield
- 11:56 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 11:55 20 firefighters and five appliances tackle Carlisle farm building fire