York, Huddersfield, Sheffield and Leeds among UK's worst-performing railway stations - as region's smaller stops also suffer
More than two-thirds of trains serving two of Yorkshire’s busiest railway stations have arrived late or been cancelled in the past six months - making them the worst in the country, new figures have revealed. Just 29 per cent of services have been on time at both York and Huddersfield since the botched rollout of a new national rail timetable on May 20, according to data from performance tracking website On Time Trains.
The figures - combined with 2,130 cancelled services at York (three per cent of the total services) and 1,641 cancellations in Huddersfield (three per cent) - mean the two... read more
- 20:13 This is why film crews have been in Birmingham city centre
- 20:13 Leicester City star explains why he avoided this Aston Villa...
- 20:12 Theresa May’s mini-tour ends in failure as EU insist Brexit...
- 20:12 Struggling UK universities warn staff of possible job cuts
- 20:10 One dead and others injured after gunshots are fired near Christmas...
- 20:09 Ex-footballer Paul Gascoigne denies sexually assaulting woman on train
- 20:06 Carleton railway crossing barriers stuck...again
- 20:05 Testing Calderdale’s response to flooding with a number of recovery...
- 20:04 Loch Fyne Oysters nets deal to stock Waitrose counters
- 20:01 Jose Mourinho lays down Valencia challenge to Paul Pogba ahead of...
- 19:59 Strasbourg shooting: at least one killed at Christmas market
- 19:59 ‘One dead and several injured’ following shooting near Christmas...
- 19:58 Testing Calderdale’s response to flooding with a number of recovery...
- 19:57 Probe into Preston death
- 19:57 China to 'cut US car tariff to 15%'
- 19:54 Biker ‘left online date to die on road after she fell of his...
- 19:51 'Gold-plated' investor visa scheme 'not suspended'
- 19:47 Testing Calderdale’s response to flooding with a number of recovery...
- 19:46 Argentina: two ex-Ford executives convicted in torture case
- 19:45 Man accused of 'secretly filming woman taking a shower' - Hull trial
- 19:44 Leeds council tax set to rise and dozens of jobs could face axe
- 19:44 Staff threatened during robbery at Cleckheaton post office
- 19:44 Liverpool make Divock Origi transfer decision - and this is what it...
- 19:42 Zoflora warning as Mrs Hinch promoted product leaves cat with burns...
- 19:42 Watch Donald Trump threaten to 'shut down government' in White...
- 19:41 Staff threatened during robbery at Cleckheaton post office
- 19:40 'Two hurt' as shots fired in Strasbourg
- 19:35 ‘Creative’ AlphaZero leads way for chess computers and, maybe, science
- 19:31 Putin's Stasi spy ID pass found in Germany
- 19:29 Staff threatened during robbery at Cleckheaton post office