World War 3 warning? Saudi Arabia accused of FORCING Lebanese PM to quit during Iran scrap
Saad al-Hariri resigned, using a television interview broadcast from Saudi Arabia to declare he fears an assassination plot while also criticising Iran.
He accused Iran of spreading “fear and destruction” across several countries, including Lebanon.
Mr Hariri said: “We are living in a climate similar to the atmosphere that prevailed before the assassination of martyr Rafik al-Hariri.
“I have sensed what is being plotted covertly to target my life.”
However, Iran-backed Hezbollah accused Saudi Arabia of forcing Mr Hariri to quit, after his resignation toppled a coalition government that... read more
- 05:30 Birmingham City fans want answers as Blues hopeful hailed by boss
- 05:30 Aston Villa next manager odds as club favourite closes in on new deal
- 05:30 Comment: It's time for West Brom to start taking cup competitions...
- 05:27 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 05:27 Parents heavily criticised for 'leaving screaming child and another...
- 05:27 Disgust as vandals destroy pumpkin patch created by adults with...
- 05:15 Orange turns purple: Australian scientists solve fruit mystery
- 05:14 Poundland's shockingly realistic knife on sale to kids for Halloween
- 05:14 Grandad looked at his cancer X-ray and saw a Cocker Spaniel staring...
- 05:14 UK and Irish teenagers among worst in Europe for problem drinking
- 05:14 'Break the shell of mistrust': Shinzo Abe willing to meet Kim...
- 04:54 Dozens of cancer patients in Leicestershire are waiting too long...
- 04:51 Coventry City injury boost as Mark Robins makes this Sunderland...
- 04:31 Australia's rising suicide rate sparks calls for national target to...
- 04:30 Baby names: Is Muhammad the most popular?
- 04:17 San Francisco closes new $2.2bn transit hub after crack found in...
- 04:17 Slow-moving justice: tortoise recovered seven years after Perth zoo...
- 04:01 States seek public education deal after Coalition's Catholic school...
- 04:01 Tennessee debate highlights uphill battle as Democrats eye Senate...
- 03:53 Dead fish and litter in 'real' Bristol postcard competition
- 03:53 Theresa May: A general election isn't in the national interest
- 03:53 Labour conference: Jeremy Corbyn vows to create 400,000 'green' jobs
- 03:36 Acapulco: Mexico police under investigation over alleged drugs ties
- 03:17 Kenyan Waihiga Mwaura wins BBC World News Komla Dumor award
- 03:09 The Apprentice: 'Not one candidate is actually stupid'
- 03:09 Leon Bridges: 'America wasn't designed for people of colour to...
- 03:08 US-Iran: John Bolton warns Iran of 'hell to pay' if crossed
- 02:42 US arrests army reservist accused of spying for China
- 02:36 Mediterranean diet 'may help prevent depression'
- 02:24 Surprise budget news no reason to 'make whoopee', Morrison says