World War 3? Egypt backs Saudi Arabia in stand-off with Iran after ‘act of aggression’
He pledged his support for Saudi Arabia who are locked in a stand-off with Iran and Lebanon after accusing both countries of “acts of war”.
President al-Sisi said: "I have said it once and I will say it again, Gulf national security is Egyptian national security. I have faith in the wise and firm leadership of Saudi Arabia.”
Saudi Arabia accused Iran of supplying a ballistic missile launched at their capital to Houthi rebels in Yemen.
They said the attack was a “clear act of aggression” by Iran and “could rise to be considered an act of war”.
While Saudi Arabia accused Lebanon of... read more
- 23:15 Fantasy Premier League tips: FPL players you must avoid in 2018/19...
- 01:08 Samuel Ribansky: Why Brexit equates to frack if Britain to secure...
- 18:52 Thai cave rescue boys mourn after hearing that diver died
- 18:52 Judge halts deportation of families reunified by Trump administration
- 18:52 Trump 'treasonous' after siding with Putin on election meddling
- 18:52 Alexis Sánchez misses the start of Manchester United’s American tour
- 18:52 Football and fat fees: questions raised over funding of sporting...
- 18:52 Tributes paid to Ray Emery after NHL champion drowns at age of 35
- 18:52 Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal banned for two Tests and four ODIs
- 18:52 Lizzie Deignan will lead Trek’s new professional women’s cycling team
- 18:52 Craig Parry recalls Van de Velde fiasco and missing his own Open...
- 18:52 Bradley Wiggins stirs pot with warning of leadership battle in Team...
- 18:52 Did you solve it? Head-spinning bicycle puzzles
- 18:51 Love Island did not breach rules showing Dani Dyer's 'distress'
- 18:51 Most expensive Chinese film ever pulled from cinemas after it bombs
- 18:51 Ready for this jelly: how Kylie Jenner kickstarted the #jellynails...
- 00:54 Parents warned over 'toxic' slime
- 00:54 'Billion dollar ransom': Did Qatar pay record sum?
- 18:51 Final whistle: women call time on boring, ugly football kits
- 18:51 Wimbledon vs The World Cup: The style verdict
- 00:54 Prehistoric bake-off: Recipe for oldest bread revealed
- 18:51 Dozens of rabbis say Labour chooses to ignore UK Jewish community
- 00:54 Bowel cancer screening could shed light on other conditions
- 00:54 Anti-knife crime lessons for holidays
- 18:51 'The right to sit': Indian law change allows female workers to rest
- 00:54 Editing human embryos 'morally permissible'
- 00:54 Danny Welbeck’s Arsenal future under threat as Unai Emery begins to...
- 00:48 Lava ‘bomb’ strikes tour boat injuring 22 people near Kilauea Volcano
- 00:48 The cameras that know if you're happy - or a threat
- 16:30 'I nearly died': Richard Bacon pays tribute to NHS after health ordeal