Works at smelly tip delayed by snow
Work at a tip to stop the terrible stink that is plaguing neighbours is likely to miss deadline, it has been announced.
After months of complaints from people living nearby, the Clayton Hall tip in Whittle-le-Woods was served with an enforcement notice by the Environment Agency.
Tip operators Quercia were ordered to undertake remedial works to stop the smell, and were banned from taking in new rubbish until the works were done.
The operators were given a deadline of March 19 to complete the works, but yesterday warned that they would be likely to miss this deadline, blaming the recent bad... read more
- 03:45 'Awful abuses': US denounces China's treatment of Uighurs
- 03:41 Brexit compromise still possible, Donald Tusk says
- 03:27 The needles and the damage done: the growers hurt by Australia's...
- 03:06 Bristol venue to play Africa by Toto on loop all night
- 03:00 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 02:56 Labour could renationalise railways in five years - McDonnell
- 02:18 Value-for-money bakery opens in former Northampton Oliver Adams shop
- 02:14 Stamp of approval for Helensburgh training firm
- 01:59 'Hezbollah treasurer' Barakat arrested in Brazil border city
- 01:52 Neil McNicholas: Only answer to health threat is no smoking at all
- 01:52 Tom Richmond: Don’t waste chance to give leaders a public grilling
- 01:47 Former welfare recipients who refuse to pay back debt face travel ban
- 01:47 Republican lawmaker ends re-election bid as daughter alleges...
- 01:24 The town that became Scotland's chilli capital
- 01:24 Premier League shirts row: The fickle fashions of sponsorship
- 01:05 Viewpoint: What India's first newspaper says about democracy
- 01:04 The night Kevin Keegan sneaked back into Newcastle in a flat cap...
- 01:02 Maniac: The new James Bond director's experimental Netflix drama
- 01:01 How do you solve catastrophic hyperinflation?
- 00:55 Man City performance disturbing but Paul Pogba absolutely brilliant...
- 00:55 Wilfried Zaha: Roy Hodgson tells star to keep talking on the pitch...
- 00:49 The Yorkshire Post says: Universal troubles. Little political...
- 00:49 David Behrens: Sheffield Council needs lessons in common sense –...
- 00:49 Patrick Mercer: Our leaders are all at sea over defence and...
- 00:30 Rihanna appointed as ambassador by Barbados
- 00:30 Ministers urged to get tough on minimum wage offenders
- 00:26 Code-cracking Bombe operation recreated at Bletchley
- 00:26 Minimum wage: Workers underpaid by record £15.6m
- 00:25 Killer sudoku 624
- 00:17 Talking Horses: Ian Williams holds the Aces in bid to lift Ayr Gold...