Work less, get more: New Zealand firm's four-day week an 'unmitigated success'
The New Zealand company behind a landmark trial of a four-day working week has concluded it an unmitigated success, with 78% of employees feeling they were able to successfully manage their work-life balance, an increase of 24%.
Two-hundred-and-forty staff at Perpetual Guardian, a company which manages trusts, wills and estate planning, trialled a four-day working week over March and April, working four, eight-hour days but getting paid for five.
Academics studied the trial before, during and after its implementation, collecting qualitative and quantitative data.
Perpetual Guardian founder... read more
- 20:41 GALLERY: Feel the fear on island of screams in Ingoldmells
- 20:41 Special effects experts say young people needed in the industry
- 20:41 Loose sheep rescued by police officers on M4 motorway
- 20:41 Stonehenge tunnel plans submitted to Planning Inspectorate
- 20:41 Huddersfield snowboarder David Ewart suffocated in crevasse
- 20:35 Firefighters ATTACKED by gang of '20 youths' with fireworks, stones...
- 20:33 GALLERY: Feel the fear on island of screams in Ingoldmells
- 20:33 Man, 75, injured in crash with motorbike in New Parks, Leicester
- 20:33 Police confirm two bodies found in Netherhall bungalow after...
- 20:32 Evil family who kept vulnerable neighbours as SLAVES they paid with...
- 20:31 The Bakary Sako news that all West Brom fans have been waiting for
- 20:24 Saudi Arabia pays UK firms millions to boost image
- 20:24 US charges Russian woman with interfering in 2018 midterms
- 20:21 Jose Mourinho responds to Eden Hazard’s comments about...
- 20:18 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho responds to Chelsea star Eden Hazard...
- 20:13 Dunkin’ Donuts worker calls cops on Somali model for speaking in...
- 20:12 Rocker Bobby Gillespie hits out at ‘smug’ Andrew Neil after BBC...
- 20:10 Wentworth byelection: after a chaotic campaign comes the day of...
- 20:09 Morecambe camp will be seeking to establish home rule
- 20:00 Scots warned over meat as Salmonella cases rise
- 20:00 Cops in Shettleston attempted murder probe find burnt-out car that...
- 20:00 Crooked ex-boss who stole staff tips at Panoramic 34 restaurant has...
- 19:56 PICTURED: The man who has been burgling Hull houses for 40 years
- 19:56 Police incident closes city centre bus route
- 19:54 GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls,...
- 19:54 Disabled mum horrified at what caused fly infestation in her kitchen
- 19:52 Man ‘killed wife with drugged ice cream to have affair with...
- 19:52 DNA 'links Russell Bishop to Brighton girls' murders'
- 19:44 Morecambe manager takes pride in Carlisle United clean sheet
- 19:42 ‘Barbaric’ family who kept neighbours as slaves jailed for 46 years