Worcester University student in meningitis warning after collapse

Worcester University student in meningitis warning after collapse
 

A student rushed to hospital after being found collapsed by his father has warned about the dangers of bacterial meningitis.
Mathew Griffin, of Stourport-on-Severn, had assumed he had flu or food poisoning after feeling "shivery" and vomiting but became seriously ill.
He woke up in hospital four days later and had missed his 21st birthday.
He said he wanted to make others, especially young people, aware of how serious meningitis can be.
"I thought I'm young, I'm healthy, I'm fit, I'd never have anything like that," he said.
"I would say to people, just make yourself... read more

 
17 November 2019 in Health, Views: 12
Source: BBC
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31