Women warned talcum powder increases cancer risk
Women should avoid using talcum powder on their genitals due to it posing an increased risk of ovarian cancer, a UK charity has warned after a pharmaceutical giant faced legal action in the United States.
Johnson & Johnson has been ordered to pay $4.7 billion (£3.6bn) to a group of 22 women who allege the company’s talcum powders caused their ovarian cancer.
Charity Target Ovarian Cancer said it was important to note that the increased risk was “very small”.
Rebecca Rennison, its director of public affairs and services, said: “Various studies have shown a link between using talcum... read more
- 23:15 Fantasy Premier League tips: FPL players you must avoid in 2018/19...
- 01:08 Samuel Ribansky: Why Brexit equates to frack if Britain to secure...
- 18:52 Thai cave rescue boys mourn after hearing that diver died
- 18:52 Judge halts deportation of families reunified by Trump administration
- 18:52 Trump 'treasonous' after siding with Putin on election meddling
- 18:52 Alexis Sánchez misses the start of Manchester United’s American tour
- 18:52 Football and fat fees: questions raised over funding of sporting...
- 18:52 Tributes paid to Ray Emery after NHL champion drowns at age of 35
- 18:52 Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal banned for two Tests and four ODIs
- 18:52 Lizzie Deignan will lead Trek’s new professional women’s cycling team
- 18:52 Craig Parry recalls Van de Velde fiasco and missing his own Open...
- 18:52 Bradley Wiggins stirs pot with warning of leadership battle in Team...
- 18:52 Did you solve it? Head-spinning bicycle puzzles
- 18:51 Love Island did not breach rules showing Dani Dyer's 'distress'
- 18:51 Most expensive Chinese film ever pulled from cinemas after it bombs
- 18:51 Ready for this jelly: how Kylie Jenner kickstarted the #jellynails...
- 00:54 Parents warned over 'toxic' slime
- 00:54 'Billion dollar ransom': Did Qatar pay record sum?
- 18:51 Final whistle: women call time on boring, ugly football kits
- 18:51 Wimbledon vs The World Cup: The style verdict
- 00:54 Prehistoric bake-off: Recipe for oldest bread revealed
- 18:51 Dozens of rabbis say Labour chooses to ignore UK Jewish community
- 00:54 Bowel cancer screening could shed light on other conditions
- 00:54 Anti-knife crime lessons for holidays
- 18:51 'The right to sit': Indian law change allows female workers to rest
- 00:54 Editing human embryos 'morally permissible'
- 00:54 Danny Welbeck’s Arsenal future under threat as Unai Emery begins to...
- 00:48 Lava ‘bomb’ strikes tour boat injuring 22 people near Kilauea Volcano
- 00:48 The cameras that know if you're happy - or a threat
- 16:30 'I nearly died': Richard Bacon pays tribute to NHS after health ordeal