Woman who spread Isis propaganda is spared jail
A mother who posted Isis propaganda on Facebook has been spared a jail sentence for the sake of her five children.
Farhaha Ahmed, 40, had been remanded in custody since making the posts in 2015, while her family, aged between six and 16, were cared for by relatives.
The judge was ‘moved’ by a letter from her eldest son and told Ahmed: ‘In your exceptional case, the sooner you are returned to your children, the better for all concerned.’
She had posted links including to a speech by an IS spokesman on a Facebook group called Power Strangers.
The court heard how she had been a ‘prolific’... read more
- 19:11 Walkers confirms it's receiving empty crisp packets in the post as...
- 19:08 Frenkie de Jong’s agent speaks out on Manchester United rumours
- 19:07 Bakers find recipe for success online
- 19:07 Watch Coventry City star make his come-back live tonight against...
- 19:07 Chaos as Tesco petrol station 'mix up unleaded and diesel pumps'
- 19:07 US cop sacked after shooting her black neighbour dead in his own...
- 19:07 #MeToo is almost a year old – do you think things have changed?
- 19:07 Nauru blocking refugee evacuations a problem of Australia's...
- 19:04 Monday at the Labour party conference
- 19:04 Chelsea news: Olivier Giroud sends fierce Maurizio Sarri warning to...
- 19:03 Nuno is set to call up these Wolves kids for Carabao Cup duty
- 19:02 Cousins caught with loaded sawn-off shotgun say they were dragged...
- 19:03 Cheers and tears at Carlisle Living Awards
- 19:02 Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going...
- 19:02 'Coward' butcher leaves victim with life-changing injuries in...
- 19:01 The open-air church that drew hundreds in the Highlands
- 18:57 Seven ways to overcome loneliness
- 18:57 It’s just an illusion: culture secretary Jeremy Wright’s hologram
- 18:57 Expecting the Queen for dinner? Make her favourite soup
- 18:57 Oh, brother: why siblings make the most savage political opponents
- 18:57 Compote, dressing or gin: what can you do with a glut of blackberries?
- 18:57 How to get fit – without breaking the bank
- 18:53 First routine eye check uncovers brain tumour in five-year-old girl
- 18:48 Northern bosses remain ‘highly confident’ despite Brexit uncertainty
- 18:46 When do the clocks go back in October 2018 and when do they go...
- 18:45 Lancashire teaching assistant Rachel Evans writes new novel and...
- 18:45 Meghan and Harry go head-to-head in netball shootout
- 18:44 City centre road closed as emergency services tackle flat fire
- 18:43 Parts of Doncaster have some of worst figures for attempted online...
- 18:40 Whisky galore