Woman suing over alleged rape tells court she felt she would die
A former student who is suing her alleged rapist for damages has told a court she feared she was going to die during the alleged assault.
The woman, known as Miss M, told Edinburgh sheriff court she was “so afraid” during the alleged rape in September 2013, “I didn’t know what was going to happen next ... [I] thought I was going to die”.
Miss M, 23, who at the time was a student at the University of St Andrews in Fife, is suing Stephen Coxen of Bury, Lancashire, for nearly £100,000 in damages for allegedly raping her in her flat during freshers’ week.
She told the court she had since been... read more
- 06:51 Shop bought by Daventry villagers all set for grand opening
- 06:47 Almost half the homes and businesses in Hartlepool without full 4G...
- 06:42 Liverpool transfer news: Ragnar Klavan set for Anfield exit as...
- 06:41 John Mann calls on the Government to make it easier for councils to...
- 06:40 Firefighting helicopter crashes on New South Wales south coast
- 06:39 Friday’s best TV: The Big Asian Stand-Up; Peng Life
- 06:39 Elderly woman rescued in Shenington
- 06:38 John Mann calls on the Government to make it easier for councils to...
- 06:38 Birmingham City boss Garry Monk reveals when we can expect Isaac...
- 06:35 Hartlepool United boss Matthew Bates believes that his side will...
- 06:33 Four children stabbed in south London with one boy being...
- 06:33 US threatens more action against Turkey unless pastor freed
- 06:31 MP slams rail fares rise as an ‘insult to long suffering passengers’
- 06:28 40 brain surgeries and a year on life support - the baby girl whose...
- 06:28 All that's left of the £250k luxury home no one ever lived in
- 06:28 'Spotters' to monitor Lincoln City fans at Grimsby Town derby match
- 06:28 Investigation launched as roof panels collapse at Grimsby academy
- 06:28 London in pictures: Your best Instagram pictures this week
- 06:28 Scuba diver who broke his spine diving goes back into water to...
- 06:27 Mark Wood gives Durham Jets huge boost as they target Blast glory
- 06:27 Motorbike loving Horden dad gets Harley-Davidson hearse send-off
- 06:27 Hospital campaign group says stalwart’s death is ‘massive loss’
- 06:27 Call for nominations in Hartlepool Civic Society awards
- 06:27 Latest convictions from Blackpool's court - Friday, August 17, 2018
- 06:21 Anger over suspension of NHS vasectomy procedures in Oxfordshire
- 06:21 David Cunningham: A pint and a chat at the pub is under threat
- 06:20 Driver says he thought it was okay to park next to yellow lines
- 06:18 Man Utd star Romelu Lukaku says he will RETIRE after 2020 European...
- 06:18 Who deserves a health BAfTA? Get your nominations in
- 06:16 Austin accepts need for wins but Cobblers boss will not compromise...