Winter Olympics targeted by hackers says security firm
Hackers have attempted to steal sensitive data from groups involved with next month's Winter Olympics, cyber-security firm McAfee said.
The report found malware-infected emails were sent last month to organisations linked to the Pyeongchang Games.
It did not identify those responsible, but said more attacks tied to the upcoming Olympics were likely.
In similar past attacks, hackers tried to obtain passwords and financial data.
'Casting net wide' McAfee said a number of groups associated with the Olympics had received malicious emails - including several affiliated with ice hockey.
"The... read more
- 16:24 Woman jailed over insurance claim for 'daughter injured in...
- 16:24 Man crushed near Preston school dies
- 16:24 Police record more than 300 child abuse image offences in Derbyshire
- 16:23 Magpie Cafe up for regional award
- 16:23 New operator for borough pool announced
- 16:23 Murder probe launched in Wigan after assault outside pub
- 16:23 Police record one child abuse image offence each day in...
- 16:22 CCTV images released of offenders wanted after robbery at Prestwich...
- 16:22 Leeds among the worst cities in the UK for saving money
- 16:22 Blind man 'forced' to sleep on airport floor instead of hotel...
- 16:22 In pictures: Dramatic demolition of Harrogate's Birk Crag...
- 16:21 Brewery reveals plans to create a beer in support of Doncaster’s...
- 16:21 Westminster terror attacker Khalid Masood's rented car as 'lethal...
- 16:21 Leeds among the worst cities in the UK for saving money
- 16:20 Leeds among the worst cities in the UK for saving money
- 16:20 Hour-by-hour Nottinghamshire forecast as Storm Ali is set to batter...
- 16:20 Clumber Park’s Festival of Food and Drink was ‘a great success’
- 16:20 Police record one child abuse image offence each day in...
- 16:19 Police record more than 300 child abuse image offences in Derbyshire
- 16:19 Leeds among the worst cities in the UK for saving money
- 16:19 Teacher’s praise for the drive to reduce knife crime across the city
- 16:19 Popular pub extends opening times to make up for 'lost' hour
- 16:19 Woodhall Spa butcher really is ‘meating’ his new challenge in style
- 16:19 Senior UN gender and youth official sacked over sexual misconduct
- 16:19 Magpie Cafe up for national award
- 16:19 Hear primary school pupils wow the cast of Calendar Girls with Gary...
- 16:19 Council pledges £4.2m to move Northampton's controversial relief...
- 16:18 Ofsted has visited these 13 Hull and East Yorkshire schools - this...
- 16:18 Leeds among the worst cities in the UK for saving money
- 16:18 Northants County Council makes cuts to road safety budget