Winter Olympics 2018: Temperatures are TOO cold as freezing conditions unleash chaos
Events have been unable to run, hosts have seen make up freeze on their faces as equipment seizes up in what could be the coldest Winter Games in 20 years.
Conditions for the women's slopestyle Olympic final were described as "too dangerous" because of the gusts.
Of the 50 runs, 41 ended with a fall or a rider essentially giving up. Britain's Aimee Fuller came 17th and had a heavy crash on her second run.
Temperatures have plummeted towards -20C with unforgiving gusts whipping at 45 mph (70 kph) making it feel even colder.
United States Ski and Snowboard Association CEO Tiger... read more
- 12:11 Barrow man, 23, took his own life after domestic incident - inquest
- 12:11 Barrow filmmakers set to accept applications from budding artists
- 12:11 Walney library to teach children about computer coding
- 12:11 UVHS student heading to Oxford after acing A Levels
- 12:10 Derelict Halifax nightclub to be transformed into 80-bedroom hotel
- 12:09 Arizona students' stand on gun control switches to voter registration
- 12:09 Elon Musk denies being ‘on weed’ when posting $420 stock tweet
- 12:09 A few changes...
- 12:09 Change your routine for dog’s sake
- 12:08 Over 800 people sign petition to save 200-year-old pub
- 12:08 Man caught with 630,000 pictures of child sex abuse that he shared...
- 12:08 Up to 15,000 people expected at Doncaster Pride event
- 12:07 Annual celebration of Sunderland music talent returns with free...
- 12:07 Banbury Irish FC want to celebrate milestone with you
- 12:07 Over 800 people sign petition to save 200-year-old pub
- 12:06 These are each Royal Family member's A level results - Prince...
- 12:06 Motorist caught driving high on cocaine twice in 12 days
- 12:06 Burnley estate agent set to get fund raising idea off his chest
- 12:05 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Boston day nursery welcome Tae Kwon Do group
- 12:05 Drink driver gets three-year ban for offence in Boston
- 12:04 Darren Moore discusses Allan Nyom's imminent West Brom exit - and...
- 12:03 Ariana Grande's Sweetener track by track: The stories behind the songs
- 12:02 Lancaster councillor calls for internal inquiry after saucy emails...
- 12:02 My ex has a new partner but says he still loves me
- 12:01 Shots fired at houses in two parts of Doncaster
- 12:01 Rescuers highlight importance of work
- 12:01 Health union urges Scottish Government to break with pay review body
- 12:00 Officials release statement after large fire in Bracebridge Heath...
- 11:59 Durham sign banned Australia opener Cameron Bancroft for 2019 season
- 11:59 Manchester City provide worrying Kevin de Bruyne injury update