Win a chance to have afternoon tea with writer behind ITV hit Vera
The creator of hit ITV show ‘Vera’ is offering people the chance to have afternoon tea with her.
Crime writer Ann Cleeves is offering the prize to help the region’s very own children’s charity.
The author, who lives in Whitley Bay, is famous all over the world for her Vera Stanhope and Shetland books, both of which were turned into successful TV series starring Brenda Blethyn and Douglas Henshall.
Last year she was presented with the prestigious Crime Writers’ Association Diamond Dagger in London, the highest accolade within the genre. Previous winners have included PD James, John le Carre... read more
- 04:45 Australian Tax Office contractors accused of links to tax havens
- 04:45 Japan's crown princess 'insecure' about becoming empress due to...
- 04:13 Workplace parking spaces in Leicester should be taxed, claims...
- 04:02 Dutton's department's visa outsourcing plan accused of being...
- 03:47 Topps Tiles opens showroom for its Parkside commercial business at...
- 03:37 Ambani-Piramal wedding: Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian event
- 03:14 Roger the kangaroo: Enormous roo dies aged 12
- 03:06 Should homeless people be expected to live in a box?
- 03:06 Legal aid advice network 'decimated' by funding cuts
- 03:06 Three Northern Ireland ambulance staff attacked by patient
- 03:06 Carwyn Jones considered quitting over Carl Sargeant death
- 02:27 Yellow vest protests: Macron to hold crisis meeting
- 02:26 Isha Ambani wedding: Beyoncé and Hillary Clinton jet to India for...
- 01:54 Armenia election: PM Nikol Pashinyan ahead in snap poll
- 01:45 Jamal Khashoggi murder: Saudi Arabia refuses to extradite suspects...
- 01:41 The women who have less power than you think
- 01:41 Five things to know this week: Will Google manage to calm Trump?
- 01:41 Why women in South Korea are cutting 'the corset'
- 01:23 Top score award given to Kelsey sharpshooter
- 01:19 Angela Smith: The People’s Vote is only way out of Brexit gridlock
- 01:19 Jayne Dowle: Where are the apprentices to build the future?
- 01:19 Claire Holland: Brexit reveals the need to tackle our skills...
- 01:15 First two F-35A fighter jets to arrive in Australia amid warning on...
- 01:12 BBC Sound of 2019: Which rising stars have made the longlist?
- 01:00 Watchdog targets 'anti-competitive' ports deal involving NSW...
- 00:43 Sudoku 4,239 easy
- 00:42 'I was divorced and missed having company'
- 00:42 Called the wrong name at work? Awkward...
- 00:42 November shopper footfall down as Black Friday bites
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: Care conundrum – the price of political...