Will Facebook use AI to SPY on users? Mark Zuckerberg hints at secret plans to monitor 'private channels'
Facebook this week released a 6,000-word manifesto, detailing its plans for the future, including how it will use artificial intelligence.
In a leaked early addition of the manifesto, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook hinted that the firm would use AI to spy on users, in a bid to 'identify risks.'
But mysteriously, in the final published version, that information has been removed, suggesting Zuckerberg decided to keep the invasive plans a secret.
In an early version of the manifesto given to Associated Press, Zuckerberg said: 'The long term promise of AI is that in addition to identifying... read more
- 07:18 Why didn’t Virgin Active freeze my membership in my maternity leave?
- 07:18 I've met a new partner – how can I ensure my kids get my house?
- 07:15 MISSING: Man missing from home
- 07:15 My girlfriend’s sexual past makes me anxious and irrational
- 07:15 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...
- 07:13 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69 and more
- 07:11 Jupiter looks insanely beautiful in these new pictures from the...
- 07:11 Solution sought for shortage of school places
- 07:10 Man Utd transfer news: Marouane Fellaini opens up on future amid...
- 07:09 Man arrested by immigration officers after restaurant raid
- 07:09 NCS adventure begins for Cumbrian teenagers
- 07:08 Thieves are prowling around Preston Road cemetery and stealing from...
- 07:08 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:07 Orbit chiefs to face disgruntled tenants
- 07:06 Fax machines dusted off as North and South Korean forces start to...
- 07:06 Gareth 'Alfie' Thomas bids to outlaw homophobic chanting
- 07:06 Not everything makes sense
- 07:05 Hebden Bridge alive with colour as Handmade Parade takes to the...
- 07:05 Rehearsal photographs as Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre opens today in...
- 07:05 Solution sought for shortage of school places
- 07:05 Leeds council drawing up new plan to tackle rough sleeping in city
- 07:02 Arsenal transfer news: Jack Wilshere offered West Ham deal - but...
- 07:01 Lane closed on M6 after truck breaks-down
- 07:01 Greece hit by 5.5 magnitude earthquake off southern coast
- 07:01 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...
- 07:01 Banking experts support trial for struggling Yorkshire schools
- 06:57 Weather forecast for wall-to-wall sunshine all week with...
- 06:57 Design chosen for county-wide war memorial
- 06:55 Sheffield scientists trial revolutionary plaster that sticks to...
- 06:55 Think of other bus users