Wigan councillor cleared by standards after tweet row
A councillor who was reported to the standards procedure at the town hall over a social media message has been cleared of wrongdoing.
Labour representative for Bryn, Coun Nathan Murray, was made the subject of a probe for his social media activity by former Standish Independent councillor Debbie Fairhurst.
Other news: Wigan parents struggling due to lack of child maintenance payments
The matter related to a retweet of a message on the social media network Twitter which Mrs Fairhurst claimed was evidence of sexism.
However, after looking at evidence submitted by both Mrs Fairhurst and Coun... read more
- 13:59 Boy, 15, arrested after arson attack on police car in Daventry
- 13:58 Britain’s least used railway station is in Yorkshire
- 13:58 Fears plans to grow huge 'caravan city' will cause even more powercuts
- 13:58 Iconic Doncaster building to be transformed into housing and retail...
- 13:58 Time Magazine Person of the Year 2018 honours journalists
- 13:58 Mesut Ozil’s chances of joining Manchester United rated by Arsenal...
- 13:58 Multi-million pound funding confirmed for new health hub on part of...
- 13:57 Poppi Worthington’s dad fails in bid to have death record changed
- 13:57 Police release image of Audi wanted for Bircotes Post Office cash...
- 13:57 Suite which simulates medical emergencies set to open at KGH
- 13:57 Amazing support for Ripon Christmas festival in new location
- 13:56 Nottinghamshire County Council shelves plans for ‘super council’
- 13:56 Striking home care workers struggle with security guards in Council...
- 13:56 Strictly Come Dancing grand final songs and dances revealed
- 13:56 Teenager attacked by gang in shopping centre
- 13:55 Scarborough family ask for prayers and support as two-week-old...
- 13:52 Iran sentences three human rights lawyers to prison – report
- 13:52 Man arrested after incident near Houses of Parliament
- 13:52 Watch laughing criminals boast about how easy to break locks - and...
- 13:52 South Shields firm has 20 jobs on offer
- 13:51 Major Leicester road re-opens after burst water main delayed work
- 13:51 Live: 2 lanes closed on M1 after multi-vehicle crash
- 13:50 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 13:50 Alleged Boston murder victim was 'found taped to chair', inquest hears
- 13:51 RAF Typhoon jets armed with new air-to-air missiles scrambled...
- 13:50 Be warned! 'Very convincing' fake £20 notes are doing the rounds in...
- 13:50 Firefighters tackle overnight van fire in Sutton
- 13:50 Council boss calls for leader of Nottinghamshire county council to...
- 13:49 Liverpool transfer news: Surprise Prem star seen as Nabil Fekir...
- 13:49 Warwick School set up Saracens date