Widnes half-back Rangi Chase receives two-year ban from sport after testing positive for cocaine
Widnes half-back Rangi Chase has been banned for two years after testing positive for cocaine.
UK Anti-Doping announced on Thursday morning that the 31-year-old would serve the suspension after benzoylecgonine - a metabolite of cocaine - was found in a sample he provided following an in-competition test on July 14 of this year.
UKAD chief executive Nicole Sapstead said: 'As an experienced rugby league player who has represented both New Zealand Maori and England, as well as Super League clubs Castleford Tigers and Salford Red Devils, Rangi Chase has tarnished his career with this sanction.... read more
- 00:54 Sudoku 4,169 medium
- 00:50 Salzburg summit: Austria leads EU's anti-migrant drive
- 00:50 'I lost my entire family to a cult': How one woman escaped Grace Road
- 00:37 Braving new heights
- 00:37 Business Profile: Fiona Toye of Toye Kenning & Spencer
- 00:37 Campaign to get Stourbridge war hero Frank Foley knighted
- 00:32 Yemen conflict: A million more children face famine, NGO warns
- 00:29 The chef using 60,000-year-old recipes
- 00:27 ICC opens Myanmar Rohingya crimes probe
- 00:26 Will we ever get self-healing smartphones?
- 00:26 The secret life of a female bodyguard
- 00:26 Lancashire's Deputy Police Commissioner revealed
- 00:25 Air pollution linked to much greater risk of dementia
- 00:24 Champions League roundup: Atlético Madrid fight back to win at Monaco
- 00:21 Tech giants unclear over stance on potential new EU climate targets
- 00:20 A third 'forgotten' mural could still be inside Hull's old Co-op...
- 00:18 Qantas mulls plane gyms as prepares for 20-hour flights
- 00:18 Millions overcharged for mobile contracts
- 00:18 'Wild West' Bitcoin 'should be regulated'
- 00:14 Lancashire's Deputy Police Commissioner revealed
- 00:10 Facebook job ads 'discriminated by gender'
- 00:07 SeaWorld and ex-boss to pay $5m to settle fraud claim
- 00:05 Sesame Street refutes writer's claim that Bert and Ernie are gay
- 23:53 Labor launches superannuation plan to bridge gender pay gap –...
- 23:26 Mauricio Pochettino accuses reporters of disrespect after Inter’s...
- 23:23 Umpire Mohamed Lahyani suspended for Nick Kyrgios pep talk
- 23:22 Labor pledges $400m superannuation boost for women
- 23:21 Feature: Bloody Scotland returns to Stiring this weekend
- 23:14 Mohamed Salah was celebrating by throwing water bottle, says...
- 23:12 "Two points off second" - Aston Villa fans react to victory over...