Why running out of fuel could land you with a hefty fine
IT seems not many people know it but running out of fuel when you're driving is both dangerous and could result in a big dent in your wallet.
Motorists could be fined up to £5,000, points on their licence and may also have to shell out repair costs.
Many drivers said they did not realise the consequences after the North West Motorway Police tweeted they had reported a motorist for driving without due care and attention for running out of fuel on the M62 near Warrington.
According to Greenflag, 70,000 drivers a month run dry on the road with the problem mainly being car owners... read more
- 03:17 Volunteer firefighters in Australia warned not to crowdfund for...
- 03:17 ‘It was like a war’: survivors describe horror of attack at Jewish...
- 03:03 Devastated parents tell of grief after diabetic six-year-old died...
- 03:00 White Island volcano: NZ police consider high-speed mission to get...
- 02:46 NT police shooting: officer says he was stabbed before alleged...
- 02:41 Lakers vs Magic brawl: Two players ejected in bizarre scuffle with...
- 02:30 Election day weather forecast - when will be the best time to vote...
- 02:25 Shake-up bears fruit as Australia’s cyclists get back on track
- 02:11 A12 lorry crash: Widower says trucker's jail appeal is 'painful'
- 02:05 Downside boarding school monk 'ignored abuse of pupil'
- 02:03 Morrison responds to fears over bushfires but rejects censure of...
- 02:03 Queensland school runs out of water as commercial bottlers harvest...
- 01:29 EXCLUSIVE: Courier poll showing rise in support for independence...
- 01:04 Climate change: Anger as protestors barred from UN talks
- 01:03 Sudoku 4,639 hard
- 00:52 20 Islamist terrorism suspects arrested in raids across Denmark
- 00:52 General election on a ‘knife edge’ as Labour make gains in polls
- 00:51 Raptors honour Kawhi Leonard with special touch in tribute video...
- 00:47 Why like Emma Watson, we're happy to be single at Christmas
- 00:47 How the BBC reports polling day
- 00:46 Cameroon conflict: 'I go to a secret school'
- 00:46 Are India's claims about minorities in other countries true?
- 00:46 Volcano tourism in the spotlight after New Zealand eruption
- 00:46 What are beauty pageants really like for black women?
- 00:45 House approves $738bn military bill with money for Trump's Space Force
- 00:45 Trump antisemitism order denounced as bid to silence critics of Israel
- 00:44 Talking Horses: Trainers revolt over increased fees for apprentice...
- 00:40 Free parking at the Royal Priors Shopping centre on two dates over...
- 00:39 General election 2019: Scotland goes to the polls
- 00:36 Joe Biden: Democratic presidential frontrunner denies one-term pledge