Why has Weight Watchers changed its name to WW?
It was announced this week that slimming club Weight Watchers are rebranding to WW.
The well-known diet and lifestyle brand shared their plans with the media, stating that WW is simply said as the two letters rather than as an abbreviation.
Fans and detractors of the company alike have poked fun at the change, but why did they decide to do it?
On the WW website, they say, ‘The name WW reflects that we’re becoming the world’s partner in wellness.
‘We will always be the global leader in weight loss, but now WW welcomes anyone who wants to build healthy habits—whether that means eating better,... read more
- 13:32 FA Cup joy for Solihull Moors as the impressive run continues
- 13:27 Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged
- 13:23 Glazers do not intend to sell Manchester United amid reports of...
- 13:23 Catalonia's independence struggle has hit Barcelona's reputation,...
- 13:21 Mum and five kids 'left freezing in home without a window for weeks'
- 13:20 Leeds bowel patient raises awareness
- 13:20 Daisy needs a special home
- 13:14 Edward Moon shines out among the best (review)
- 13:13 Ninestiles school to enforce 'silent corridor' rule
- 13:13 Dominic Raab tells 'jittery' Tories: Hold your nerve
- 13:12 Man City star Bernardo Silva sends warning to Liverpool and Chelsea...
- 13:11 Three people reveal why they like being part of the sugar...
- 13:10 Julie on care award shortlist
- 13:10 MND suffer Jason Liversidge's triple world record attempt
- 13:08 Wirral's best schools for GCSE results revealed
- 13:07 Landmark Jewish cafe Gaby's Deli in London to close
- 13:01 A sheep in wolf’s clothing? The other side of Henry VIII
- 13:01 Heartbroken man reveals how Universal Credit chaos forced wife into...
- 13:00 Police issue CCTV appeal after man stabbed in Coventry
- 12:53 Mum’s disgust after finding maggots in Aldi shop
- 12:53 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following attack in...
- 12:53 Man filmed hurling racist abuse at woman sat near him on plane
- 12:53 Plan for two new tower blocks in Leeds city centre
- 12:50 Man hits out at British Airways after sitting in urine-soaked...
- 12:50 Thug broke takeaway worker’s jaw for taking ‘too long’ to get his...
- 12:50 Actor Selma Blair reveals that she has multiple sclerosis
- 12:50 Anxiety hotline for dogs launches for Bonfire Night
- 12:50 Dads can pass trauma, lifestyle and diet to their children through...
- 12:50 The importance of teamwork in sport
- 12:48 Flat fire at South Shore