Why Bristol council has banned cheese toasties from park
A local council is attempting to combat antisocial behaviour by biker gangs by banning the sale of cheese toasties.
Councillors in Bristol say they had been contacted by members of the public who were worried that a proposed hot food van in Monk’s Park, in the north of the city, would attract troublemakers back to the area.
Biking news website RideApart says that “young people riding motorcycles had been causing disturbances, getting drunk, and harassing innocent visitors to the park like in a bad biker gang movie”.
This week, the city council’s public safety and protection committee heard... read more
- 17:30 Man blames hotel hot tub after infected pinky toe is amputated
- 17:29 Cleveland Fire Authority finance chief allays concerns over impact...
- 17:29 This is the extensive Leeds underground system that was never built
- 17:29 Claude Goretta obituary
- 17:28 Visually impaired people invited to apply for free audio device
- 17:28 International Women's Day: Pink Link Lancashire event at Ribby Hall...
- 17:28 Police speak out after men jailed for brewery wrecking spree
- 17:28 Family sentenced over £240,000 theft and damage at Thwaites brewery
- 17:28 No-deal Brexit 'could disrupt London commuter trains'
- 17:28 VIDEO: Despicable borough burglars jailed for trashing brewery site...
- 17:28 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl warn shoppers not to eat these foods
- 17:27 Strike action looms as Scotland’s biggest teaching union rejects...
- 17:26 Five jobs at risk with Melton town centre shop set to close
- 17:26 Dad ‘held his four-year-old son’s hand on hot stove to discipline him’
- 17:26 This is the extensive Leeds underground system that was never built
- 17:25 Sainbury's, Iceland and Lidl are urgently recalling these food...
- 17:25 Dublin airport passengers relieved after drone sighting causes...
- 17:24 Friends of former cancer sufferer helping achieve 'life-changing'...
- 17:24 Ceiling collapses at Pontins while families gathered to play bingo
- 17:24 Another airport suffered delays from a drone sighting
- 17:23 Suspected hare coursers attack men with chains in shocking video
- 17:21 A community full of good people
- 17:21 Danny Murphy slams Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri over ‘Sarri-ball’...
- 17:20 Wanted: Residents' views on ways to improve air quality in Lancaster
- 17:21 Knaresborough Young Farmers' Tractor Run: Countdown for annual push...
- 17:20 Visually impaired people invited to apply for free audio device
- 17:20 Everything that's happening at Wakefield's Festival of Food, Drink...
- 17:19 14 boats broken into and tools stolen at Grimsby yacht club
- 17:19 Visually impaired people invited to apply for free audio device
- 17:19 Forget me knot: The Scottish wedding customs we can’t leave behind