Whistleblower suing Ernst & Young over gold dealings with Dubai firm
UK consultancy giant Ernst & Young has been accused of “unlawful, unprofessional and unethical” conduct over its relationship with a Dubai firm that was allegedly involved in money laundering and buying gold from conflict zones.
The claims are made in documents filed in the high court by lawyers acting for Amjad Rihan, a former partner at E&Y who exposed the alleged scandal three years ago. Rihan led a team given the job of auditing the Kaloti group, which at the time commanded half of Dubai’s gold refining market. His lawyers say that after blowing the whistle, Rihan was ordered by... read more
- 19:45 Barclays hit with $15m fine over attempts to unmask whistleblower
- 19:44 Michael Flynn: Judge suggests ex-Trump aide 'sold out' US
- 19:44 Man Utd news: Laurent Blanc holds talks about replacing Jose...
- 19:33 Grenfell: UK's building safety system still unfit for purpose, says...
- 19:29 Banning sweets at supermarket checkouts 'works'
- 19:28 England’s rising star Sam Curran becomes an IPL King for £800,000
- 19:28 Police and ambulance in attendance as pedestrian is knocked over by...
- 19:27 Dad ‘tried to drown baby in pond to make life easier for...
- 19:26 The Plough Inn is a real ale winner
- 19:22 Theresa May within 20 votes of sealing Brexit deal, say senior Tories
- 19:19 Dad uses Nerf gun to blast out daughter’s first tooth
- 19:18 Major airline set to resume flights to Pakistan
- 19:18 Police officer makes this heartbreaking plea after girl, 3, dies in...
- 19:08 WARTH MILLS: Memorial unveiled to internees of WWII prison camp at...
- 19:08 Your look ahead for festive events from Christmas to New Year's Eve
- 19:07 Serial rapist used job as photographer to drug and attack male models
- 19:07 What next for Manchester United? Sort Pogba mess and show humility
- 19:07 Geordan Murphy appointed Leicester head coach despite dismal run
- 19:06 Katie Price distraught after vile troll mocks disabled son Harvey...
- 19:06 Nurse allegedly stabbed herself in grounds of Ailsa Hospital in Ayr
- 19:05 Man Utd next boss: Laurent Blanc DESPERATE to replace Jose Mourinho...
- 19:02 Hodeidah residents dare to hope as first day of ceasefire holds
- 19:01 CCTV footage shows cars being driven moments before Ashley Johnson...
- 19:01 Video catches couple who faked holiday illness in the act
- 19:00 Heartbreaking tribute to 'caring, intelligent, loving' PC Sharon...
- 18:58 Dying neighbour leaves 14 years of Christmas presents for little girl
- 18:58 ‘Rapist blamed alternate personality called Edmond for sex attack...
- 18:53 Trump heaps pressure on Federal Reserve over interest rate rise
- 18:50 Trump warns US Fed against making 'yet another mistake'
- 18:49 Father Christmas urges over 65s to get their flu jabs this winter