What will be decided at Northamptonshire County Council cabinet meeting this afternoon?
The important meetings keep coming thick and fast as Northamptonshire County Council tries to balance its books by making up to £70m of cuts.
Last Thursday saw councillors agree the authority’s ‘spending priorities’ which will help determine which services face funding cuts and which will be protected.
This afternoon (August 14) will see the Conservative cabinet meet and while there won’t be any follow-up decisions from Thursday’s meeting, the decisions taken will still have an impact taking into account the council’s dire financial situation.
Here’s what is expected to be decided at the... read more
- 02:52 William Tyrrell may still be alive and police pursuing 'active...
- 02:52 Genoa bridge disaster: Italian architect Renzo Piano chosen to...
- 02:45 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be right man to replace Jose Mourinho at...
- 02:44 Amphibian that buries head in sand named after Donald Trump
- 02:36 Senate passes criminal justice reform bill in bipartisan victory
- 02:23 Grace Millane murder: New Zealand rebukes Google for emailing out...
- 02:14 Prosecutors investigate spinal implant
- 02:09 How Manchester United’s players reacted to Jose Mourinho...
- 02:09 Ed Woodward wants to sign Douglas Costa for Manchester United after...
- 02:03 Shane Flangan deregistered by NRL after breach of suspension
- 02:00 'Self-promoters' cheat the system at work
- 02:00 Universities told to end 'spiralling' grade inflation
- 01:52 Bank watchdog lifts restrictions on interest-only loans as house...
- 01:52 Sealed v Sealed: ruling sheds light on mystery case thought to...
- 01:52 UPDATE: Two seriously injured after crash in Hanging Heaton
- 01:50 Apple accused of ‘disguising’ iPhone XS and XS Max notch in adverts
- 01:38 Voice changes may show your date fancies you
- 01:32 Processed meats and ready meals 'still too high in salt'
- 01:22 ‘Too many white men’: analysis of Victoria's new parliament reveals...
- 01:22 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Man Utd return as interim boss CONFIRMED… by...
- 01:21 Natalie Bennett: New climate of opinion can save planet
- 01:21 GP Taylor: Sad decline of a festive tradition as last post called...
- 01:21 Bernard Ingham: A Christmas message to the Utterly Stupid Party...
- 01:14 British economy forecast to fall in GDP rankings
- 01:09 Mary Poppins Returns cast defend 'forgettable' songs
- 01:05 Private health insurance to rise after government approves premium...
- 01:04 The 'wary' #MeToo conversation in Australia
- 01:04 Softbank shares down on Tokyo market debut
- 00:49 Why football stars have DR Congo on their mind
- 00:40 Business 'watching in horror' as PM plans for no-deal Brexit