What’s going on with bins in Sunderland?
I saw the report on television that Sunderland Council has received a whopping 1,600 complaints in three months about the bin collections. Lots of people must have seen this because when I went for The Echo at teatime the corner shop had sold out. I had to buy if from elsewhere.
I knew it was bad because we had to wait a long time for a replacement caddy and make numerous phone calls after the bin man tipped it into the waggon (yet again).
Even if the percentage is as low as 0.01%, it is a huge amount especially when compared to the other city services.
It never used to be so bad.
What is... read more
- 12:59 This is where a new Starbucks drive-thru is opening in Sheffield
- 12:59 Power cut hits Rotherham homes
- 12:59 Rangers news: Celtic hero makes worrying Steven Gerrard prediction...
- 12:57 Homeless man’s tent set on fire while he was still inside
- 12:57 Couple find soiled pair of long johns in hotel room ‘falling apart’
- 12:57 See if your family would be perfect for new BBC show
- 12:57 Mike Ashley: Debenhams snubbed my £40m lifeline
- 12:56 South Yorkshire man arrested after police seize crack cocaine,...
- 12:56 Behind the scenes at Banbury’s new power station
- 12:56 Alexis Sanchez will push for Arsenal return claims Andrei Kanchelskis
- 12:56 Regular female-led football coverage ‘generations’ away, says...
- 12:56 Geraint Thomas has no regrets over new deal before Sky pulled team...
- 12:55 These are the criminals jailed in Nottinghamshire in the past month...
- 12:55 Council defend parking ticket issued outside Hebden Bridge funeral...
- 12:55 Festive window is proving popular
- 12:54 End is in sight! BAE Systems apprentice Ryan Walmsley is running...
- 12:54 Power cut hits Rotherham homes
- 12:53 These 20 signs mean it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in...
- 12:53 Trinity trees pick-up branching out
- 12:53 One lane closed on M1 northbound near Worksop
- 12:53 These are the criminals jailed in Nottinghamshire in the past month...
- 12:52 This is where a new Starbucks drive-thru is opening in Sheffield
- 12:50 Festive fun for ‘Gogglebox’ star in blindfold bake-off!
- 12:50 One lane closed on M1 northbound near Worksop
- 12:49 Baby faced thug tried to murder 9-month-old tot in Clydebank flat...
- 12:49 Public are invited to service at church
- 12:48 Push the button - leader's new way of silencing Aylesbury councillors
- 12:48 Prison officer who had sex with inmate on washing machine is jailed...
- 12:47 Man Utd news: McTominay sends fans into MELTDOWN with post-Valencia...
- 12:47 Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri urged to make bold tactical change for...