What is vascular dementia? Symptoms, causes and risk factors of the deadly condition
Vascular dementia affects 150,000 people in the UK, making it the second most prevalent type of dementia.
Earlier this year researchers revealed a strong link between the condition and surviving a stroke.
They found that one in three stroke sufferers will develop dementia within five years, while one in ten will experience brain decline within 12 months.
Now the British Heart Foundation, Alzheimer’s Society and Stroke Association are investing £2.2million into investigating vascular dementia.
But what is the condition?
Vascular dementia is the second most common type of dementia after... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle