West Yorkshire ex-soldier died after suicide bomb blast in Afghanistan left him trapped
An experienced former British soldier died after a catastrophic suicide blast in Kabul left him trapped underneath an armoured vehicle, an inquest heard. Michael Hampshire, 29, was working as a security contractor for HART International, a risk management company operating in the Afghanistan capital when the convoy he was travelling in was targeted.
The B6 land cruiser was in a two car convoy which was heavily damaged after a Taliban suicide bomber detonated a car filled with explosives.
Bradford Coroner's court, West Yorkshir, heard the armoured vehicle carrying Mr Hampshire had been blown... read more
- 16:08 Time to stop playing to the crowd and make Birmingham's air clean
- 16:07 Mobo awards to take a year off to expand scope beyond music
- 16:07 Red Rose relegated from County Championship’s top flight
- 16:07 Check out this revamped adventure park - and its just a 25 minute...
- 16:06 'It's a constant worry when I go up there': Pressure builds on...
- 16:06 No action taken against Wyre councillor after row over Facebook post
- 16:06 Hospital porter used England flag to treat unconscious man in...
- 16:06 Splendour Festival, Rescue Rooms and Pale Waves at Dot To Dot all...
- 16:06 HGVs motorway joyriding claim is 'absurd'
- 16:06 This is why Aston Villa fans don't like Bristol City boss Lee Johnson
- 16:06 Pensioner 'driven to murder-suicide' by wife of 66 years's Alzheimer’s
- 16:05 Appeal to private landlords to help house Melton’s vulnerable families
- 16:05 New Zealand’s prime minister makes history after bringing newborn...
- 16:04 Spotlighting obesity link to cancer
- 16:04 Woman with terminal cancer's urgent plea to rehome 40 cats
- 16:04 Two men face trial over alleged stabbing in Sunderland's Hylton Road
- 16:03 Ryanair to cancel 190 flights on Friday across Europe
- 16:02 Commemorative paving stones laid in honour of Leamington heroes of...
- 16:02 Man Utd vs Derby TV channel, live stream, kick-off time, odds...
- 16:02 Councillors clash over social care budgets in Bucks
- 16:01 Police find cannabis worth £150,000 after Coventry house fire
- 16:01 Splendour Festival, Rescue Rooms and Pale Waves at Dot To Dot all...
- 16:00 Woman with terminal cancer's urgent plea to rehome 40 cats
- 16:00 Spotlighting obesity link to cancer
- 16:00 'Spiderman' balcony rescue: Father of dangling child given...
- 15:59 Brighton Labour council candidate sent ‘deeply offensive...
- 15:59 Appeal launched over reports man 'touched himself' on morning train
- 15:59 Three paralysed patients begin to walk again thanks to electrical...
- 15:58 Contaminated blood scandal inquiry urged to look 'into department...
- 15:57 Demolition of Brighouse showroom would see new development built