Welsh Labour needs 'radical' new leader, says Lord Hain
The next Welsh Labour leader must "shake-up" the party after almost two decades in power, a former Welsh secretary has said.
Carwyn Jones is to step down as the party's leader and first minister in the autumn.
Lord Peter Hain said the party must now elect a "radical" new leader to shake-up the administration.
Labour has led the Welsh Government, either on its own or in coalition, since the assembly was formed in 1999.
It comes as one political expert said some Labour members may be asking if they wanted "yet another middle aged white man from south Wales" in... read more
- 03:15 Glove story for Lindsay
- 03:15 £15k David Goode elf statue stolen in Crickhowell
- 03:15 Children's colourful mural erases Ynysangharad racist graffiti
- 03:15 Scalford Hall wedding ruined 'when chefs walked out'
- 03:15 Crime at airports has doubled in two years
- 03:12 Laos dam collapse: work continues on huge projects despite promised...
- 03:07 Police investigating spate of arson attacks
- 03:05 How the internet saw the great Turnbull-Dutton Liberal spill (part 1)
- 02:56 Venezuela crisis: More migrants cross into Brazil despite attacks
- 02:44 Eltham hammer attack: Man charged with attempted murder
- 02:43 Man City news: Vincent Kompany fires title warning to rivals after...
- 02:43 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp asked about Man City after Palace...
- 02:37 Livingston family firm opens ‘game-changing’ recycling centre
- 02:37 Investment drives Motive expansion
- 02:33 Trump says interview with Mueller could be 'perjury trap'
- 02:33 Standoff in Italy as Salvini refuses to let in refugees after...
- 02:08 Northampton grandfather finally laid to rest five months after...
- 01:58 Overwhelming majority of Australians believe federal politicians...
- 01:40 Praise for hospice where we can be ‘just a family’
- 01:38 Jacinda Ardern freezes New Zealand MPs' pay to tackle rich-poor divide
- 01:38 Melania decries 'destructive' social media amid Trump Twitter attacks
- 01:16 Parramatta Eels deny new NRL salary cap cheating claims
- 01:13 Workers in open-plan offices 'more active'
- 01:09 Asthma sufferers warned before returning to school
- 01:06 Help for cancer care
- 01:02 Mother gives birth to baby boy in helicopter at 1,400ft
- 01:02 Irishman, 80, who emigrated in 1954 gets huge response to emotional...
- 00:57 Jeremy Hunt wants 'malign' Russia to face tougher sanctions
- 00:56 John Oldfield: Honour Kofi Annan’s memory in slavery fight
- 00:56 Nigel Adams: How we will make social housing the path to a better life