Well done to these Chesterfield girls, who've brought joy to homeless Sam
Big-hearted staff at a Chesterfield hairdressers have made a big difference to a homeless man's life. The workers at Viviennes on West Bars invited Sam Watkinson to the salon for a free haircut after they saw him sleeping rough in the town centre.
Sophie Windsor, a stylist at Viviennes, said: "He was so happy with it.
"He was so grateful - he couldn't have been more thankful.
"Sam doesn't ask for anything.
"He's a sweetheart who is in a really sad position."
The Derbyshire Times has reported extensively on homelessness in Chesterfield.
Giving her thoughts on the... read more
- 10:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Children come together for activities
- 10:05 Britain’s youngest Lottery winner regrets not saving her millions...
- 10:05 Shipwreck revealed by shifting sands on South Shields beach 117...
- 10:04 90-year-old Rugby care home resident meets an elephant for the...
- 10:04 Sheffield road remains closed due to major burst water main
- 10:04 UK's youngest Lotto winner Callie Rogers admits biggest regret is...
- 10:04 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho management style and midfield roles...
- 10:02 Garry Monk responds to questions about Diego Fabbrini's Birmingham...
- 09:59 Wellingborough Daylight charity thanks shopping centre for donation
- 09:58 Four legged fun at Lutterworth Dog Fest!
- 09:58 Transfer news LIVE updates: Mourinho could be AXED over Pogba,...
- 09:56 Smell something that isn’t there? You might be suffering from...
- 09:54 Arsenal boss Emery outlines plans for Aubameyang and Lacazette...
- 09:53 Job opportunities as people switched from gas
- 09:52 Lifeboat crew called out after yacht crew stranded under RNLI station
- 09:51 Terminally ill dog is completing a bucket list before she dies
- 09:48 EuroScience Open Forum: sharing science, and a bit of career advice
- 09:46 Yotam Ottolenghi’s tomato recipes
- 09:45 Young woman seriously injured in crash in Sheffield
- 09:45 No arrests after latest stabbing in Sheffield
- 09:45 Have you seen missing Barrow man Frederick Lundy?
- 09:45 Job opportunities as people switched from gas
- 09:39 Meet the British woman saving street cats in Oman
- 09:37 Vintage opening at Pickering’s new antiques centre
- 09:34 Ragnar Klavan reveals Mohamed Salah and Alisson convinced him to...
- 09:33 Safety concerns for missing Chesterfield woman
- 09:32 'I did a whole lot of crying': the spectacular fall and rise of...
- 09:29 IN PICTURES: The otter sculptures that are brightening up a...
- 09:27 The opinion column with Graham Storer
- 09:27 Exotic animals add to annual fun day joy in South Tyneside