Weighing in over cancelling David Lloyd fitness membership
We have been members of the David Lloyd sports centre in Cambridge since 2015 but did not want to renew our annual subscription (it was due to expire on 1 June) because we are leaving the country. In March, David Lloyd sent us a letter stating “To ensure your membership continues seamlessly, please make your payment before the end of this month”. I interpreted this to mean that, unless I paid, our membership would lapse – which is exactly what we wanted. Nowhere did it mention I should give them three months’ notice if I wanted to cancel. It now claims my contract specified this, and is... read more
- 18:38 Boy, 16, stabbed during domestic incident in Small Heath
- 18:35 Owner of pub company's van spotted burning at roadside puzzled by...
- 18:35 The 'vain, arrogant and jealous' thug branded dangerous for...
- 18:35 Man charged after begging in Sheffield city centre
- 18:35 M1 near Sheffield CLOSED due to car fire
- 18:33 Meet @JohnLewis - the John Lewis that isn't the British retailer
- 18:29 This is the Birmingham City side we expect to battle Aston Villa -...
- 18:24 Staff 'switched between Brexit campaign and Arron Banks insurance...
- 18:21 Joe Root ‘will get better and better’ as England captain, says...
- 18:19 Mouse droppings found on ice cream cone at filthy Merseyside fast...
- 18:18 How to curb your drinking on cold winter nights
- 18:16 Middlesbrough news: Boro line-up move for Sunderland star as...
- 18:16 Pedophile’s mom won $15m lottery jackpot then bought him out of jail
- 18:16 Five arrested for kidnap during raids in central London
- 18:15 ‘Widespread support’ for work of Johnston Press journalists
- 18:15 Fundraising to give seriously ill Sheffield schoolgirl final...
- 18:15 Labour MP accused of misleading police tells court of chaotic life
- 18:14 Here's how people voted in an online poll for a Brighouse Town Council
- 18:11 Take me to your Leda: sensual Pompeii bedroom art uncovered
- 18:09 ‘Dangerous criminal’ has more time added to sentence for vicious...
- 18:09 ‘Widespread support’ for work of Johnston Press journalists
- 18:09 Man has been banned from doing this in every single Hull street
- 18:08 Instagram stalker's locked up on remand for two months is sentenced...
- 18:06 California wildfires: Concern over rain in search efforts
- 18:05 'Floozie in the Jacuzzi' fountain could flow again in Birmingham
- 18:05 Birmingham City favourite has made this interesting transfer admission
- 18:05 MDMA makes people more cooperative and forgiving, scientists discover
- 18:05 Bouncers found guilty of attacking rugby legend Shane Williams...
- 18:02 Mystery of Chinese camouflaged car spotted in Warwick
- 18:02 Sky is giving away a free 43" TV with its Black Friday Ultimate On...