Weather forecast for summer holidays 2017: Avoid THIS date if you want sunshine in the UK
British weather is well known for its particular unreliability.
But staycations are skyrocketing in 2017, making the UK one of the most popular destinations for Britons to take a summer holiday.
While it’s impossible to tell in advance whether it will be rain, hail or shine, there are a few ways you can hedge your bets when it comes to choosing dates.
If it’s sunshine and dry skies you’re after, you might want to avoid next Friday.
August 4 is predicted to be the wettest day in the UK this summer, according to BuzzGrass.
Historical data forecasts an average rainfall of 2.05 inches on... read more
- 01:04 Revealed: First pictures of new £5 coin released by Royal Mint
- 01:04 Chris Moncrieff: May on brink as Corbyn awaits chance
- 01:04 Sunshine lifts Scots retailers but high street blues persist
- 00:53 Menopause: Lack of specialist care 'limits treatments'
- 00:41 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:41 Festivalgoers urged to get MMR jab as measles infection rate soars
- 00:41 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:41 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Young black men more like to be prosecuted over dispersal orders
- 00:40 World-first melanoma blood test detects early stages of deadly skin...
- 00:52 80 jobs created as Leicester gas and electric firm joins with M&S...
- 00:40 Schools alone cannot solve childhood obesity crisis, Ofsted warns
- 00:40 Wembley stadium sale is backed if £600m investment goes to grassroots
- 00:40 Omega-3 no protection against heart attack or strokes, say scientists
- 00:40 Sudoku 4115 medium
- 00:40 Papa John's founder says resigning over N-word use was a mistake
- 00:03 Canada's high Arctic glaciers at risk of disappearing completely,...
- 00:03 'This is your last chance for justice': Eric Garner's family wants...
- 23:56 Senate Democrats unveil bill to reunite immigrant families...
- 00:46 Fish oil for a healthy heart 'nonsense'
- 23:10 Morning mail: Obama rebukes Trump, doubts over Dutton crackdown,...
- 00:46 Too many babies overfed, experts fear
- 23:10 Parents of MH17 victims lash out at 'bully' Trump: 'You have no...
- 00:46 Sensible, family-loving teens behind pregnancy rate drop
- 23:10 How Maria Butina, accused Russian spy, worked her way into top US...
- 00:43 Holiday childcare: 'I'm lucky - my sister has my child'
- 00:40 BREAKING: Facebook data held by Cambridge Analytica was accessed by...
- 00:42 'Netflix effect' poses challenge to British TV
- 23:10 Tesla investors demand Elon Musk apologize for calling Thailand...
- 23:10 Rangers face ‘a hell of a lot of work’, warns Steven Gerrard