‘We were due to fly away with Monarch’
After making sure hundreds of visitors to Bridlington have enjoyed their holiday, hotel owner Tim Norman’s plans for a break of his own were hit by the collapse of Monarch Airlines today.
Tim had booked festive flights to Lanzarote with his wife Fiona and his mother-in-law.
But on Monday morning, the news broke that Monarch had stopped trading and all flights were grounded.
Tim, who runs the Royal Hotel and writes a column on tourism for the Free Press said: “We had booked for over Christmas and New Year because that’s the only time we get chance to get away and a have a nice break.
“We had... read more
- 11:27 Edinburgh nightclub meme: What was being said
- 11:27 Meghan closes a car door and some people can't handle it
- 11:26 Cancer mum denied disability cash
- 11:25 Erdogan defends footballer Ozil ahead of Germany trip
- 11:24 Album reviews: Christine and the Queens | Eddi Reader | Mull...
- 11:24 More mobile masts will be installed across Hull as demand soars for...
- 11:23 'It was never about the money': Leeds Teaching Hospitals pays out...
- 11:22 Pictures of vintage day fun at Crich Tramway Village
- 11:22 Stars playing at Slimefest in Blackpool are revealed
- 11:20 Unions call for private sector to bear costs of Carillion collapse
- 11:20 Madeleine McCann detectives apply for more cash to continue hunt...
- 11:20 Traveller families want to permanently set up camp on land near...
- 11:19 Burnley headteachers welcome "flying squad" wardens in crackdown on...
- 11:18 Do Ryder Cup players get paid and how often is the tournament held?
- 11:17 Distracted Boyfriend meme is sexist, rules Swedish ad watchdog
- 11:17 Manchester police investigate deaths of two men at hotel
- 11:17 Group ties hot water bottles to trees for homeless people to take...
- 11:17 Book review: Love is Blind, by William Boyd
- 11:16 Search for long lost thank you speech to Banbury WWI squadron
- 11:16 Which football clubs have manufactured their own kits?
- 11:15 PCSOs inspire Riddings youngsters to cycle to school
- 11:14 Auctioneers want your letters of support for Louth Cattle Market plans
- 11:14 Benny the beluga whale spotted swimming in River Thames again
- 11:14 Children lured cat out from under car to set dog on it to kill it
- 11:13 Loss of green space leads to refusal of homes on school site
- 11:13 Neighbourhood plan helps end long-running homes bid
- 11:13 Early season struggles continue for Chasetown FC after defeat at...
- 11:11 Man wanted after 23-year-old robbed and assaulted at Cleethorpes...
- 11:11 Pitch scheme withdrawn
- 11:11 Flats plan for ex-care centre in Kirkby