‘We responded with a good performance,’ says Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger complimented his players for at last showing a reaction to the “nightmare” period they have endured with an authoritative 2-0 win at Milan.
Arsenal have taken a significant stride towards a place in the Europa League quarter-finals, and showed they are capable of repairing some of the damage inflicted during a difficult campaign. “At some stage you need to respond and to respond together with a good performance. That’s what we did,” said Wenger. “It was backs to the wall and we needed to find the mental resources. In one week you do not become a bad team or a bad player.... read more
- 08:05 It'll Be Alright On The Night host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 08:05 What do the UK weather warnings mean and when does the Met Office...
- 08:03 China won't devalue yuan to boost exports, says Premier Li
- 08:03 Tesco opens first discount store to take on Lidl and Aldi
- 08:02 Broken down vehicle causing rush-hour delays on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 08:02 Storm Ali's 80mph 'danger to life' winds set to hit Scotland
- 08:02 Bacteria causes suspension of breast milk service
- 08:02 London violent crime to be tackled with new unit
- 07:59 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:58 Chelsea news: New Blues star’s impact is 'biggest since Jose...
- 07:58 Driving ban for man caught over alcohol limit
- 07:58 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge SLAMMED despite scoring in...
- 07:53 What is being done to tackle Calderdale's poor sport facilities and...
- 07:53 Owners’ despair at costly raids on Calderdale bar
- 07:53 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 07:51 Police looking for girl, eight, last seen out walking before midnight
- 07:47 India man held for 'inhumane torture' of sister
- 07:47 Mexico corpse trailer: Jalisco forensic chief Luis Octavio Cotero...
- 07:46 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:46 16-year-old Buxton girl missing
- 07:45 Joint effort on adoption for five North-East councils
- 07:45 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:43 Live updates: Road closures after major fire at Royalty Cinema on...
- 07:41 Pair face jail for supplying deadly drug to Derbyshire student
- 07:41 Sunny spells and gales set for today
- 07:40 Police handling of 40 years of gay hate crimes under scrutiny in NSW
- 07:40 'Crimes which sicken our society': Peru president leads...
- 07:40 'If we go, who will do the jobs?': Romanians in London – photo essay
- 07:40 Wreck of Captain Cook's HMS Endeavour 'discovered' off US coast
- 07:40 Rotherham Council to regain control of services after sex scandal