We all feel sorry for child refugees but how will we pay for their needs?
It is not every day that the lead editorial in the Daily Mail could be transposed with minor amendments to the pages of the Guardian or the FT. But it happened on Thursday in the wake of David Cameron’s concession that up to 3,000 refugee children from Syria will now be allowed into Britain. In fact, on this occasion the Guardian’s editorial is more hard-nosed about underlying realities.
A small good deed has been done in an all-too-wicked world. Let the Mail claim the credit for the campaign to show compassion to refugee children. But it is not alone. Personally, I prefer to think that the... read more
- 01:19 UK groups fund illegal orphanages in Africa
- 01:11 Maria Sharapova prepares for grudge match with defending champion...
- 01:11 GCHQ sets up all-female cyber-training classes
- 01:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Spring sightings question thinking over...
- 01:05 No 10 rules out customs union after Brexiters warn of Tory split
- 01:05 Kenya attack: Who are the Nairobi victims?
- 01:05 Marie Kondo - does tidiness really equal a clean mind?
- 01:05 Teenage cancer survival 'on the up' in England, report finds
- 00:55 Calling time in town
- 00:51 Nauru doctor wins global free speech award for speaking out on...
- 00:49 UK house prices fall at fastest rate in six years on back of Brexit...
- 00:49 More than 170 business leaders join call for second Brexit referendum
- 00:46 The diet to save lives, the planet and feed us all?
- 00:37 Monika Billen: German tourist found dead in Australian outback
- 00:34 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 00:30 Sudoku 4,271 hard
- 00:28 Parents' break-up more likely to harm mental health of children...
- 00:23 Reece Prescod: ‘I want to run sub-10 seconds for the 100m at every...
- 00:23 Manu Tuilagi ready to make ‘explosive’ England comeback, says...
- 00:22 Putin warns West on Balkans as Serbia prepares lavish welcome
- 00:21 Hermes: Where the luxury giant is an industry outsider
- 00:13 Why are the Chinese buying fewer cars?
- 00:13 Commuters and students 'short-changed by the government'
- 00:13 Retailers told to clean up act over fake faux fur
- 00:13 No-deal Brexit warning for UK drivers
- 00:13 Housing market outlook worst 'for 20 years'
- 23:57 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 23:57 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:54 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:49 Larry Nassar case: University head John Engler 'set to resign'