We all feel sorry for child refugees but how will we pay for their needs?
It is not every day that the lead editorial in the Daily Mail could be transposed with minor amendments to the pages of the Guardian or the FT. But it happened on Thursday in the wake of David Cameron’s concession that up to 3,000 refugee children from Syria will now be allowed into Britain. In fact, on this occasion the Guardian’s editorial is more hard-nosed about underlying realities.
A small good deed has been done in an all-too-wicked world. Let the Mail claim the credit for the campaign to show compassion to refugee children. But it is not alone. Personally, I prefer to think that the... read more
- 15:34 Warning over increased risk of arson attack
- 15:34 Funding boost to help Whitley Bay wildlife site
- 15:33 New date for Dunfermline v Dundee United
- 15:33 You can now get KFC delivered to your door in Blackpool
- 15:32 Juventus set giant asking price for Man Utd and Man City target...
- 15:31 Nuneaton and Bedworth secures traveller injunction
- 15:31 Yorkshire Water 'to review future' of Calderdale grouse shooting moors
- 15:31 15 cars caught speeding in these Leeds streets in just one morning
- 15:29 Boy, 2, died with bleeding eyes after ‘mother’s boyfriend sat on...
- 15:29 ‘Bondage fan joined in police search for girl, 11, he murdered’
- 15:28 Lasting memorial is tribute for a Clarets' legend
- 15:27 CCTV appeal after man with pram dragged from bus and punched in...
- 15:27 Banbury skate park takes shape
- 15:27 Police detective sacked over sex comments at work
- 15:26 Watch driver CENTIMETRES from hitting man at cash point in 100mph...
- 15:26 Wanted Preston man is fifth suspect arrested for GBH following...
- 15:26 Police detective sacked over sex comments at work
- 15:26 Section of Soar Valley Way to be closed tonight and overnight this...
- 15:26 Drug farmer 'covered in freshly-cut cannabis' answers the door to...
- 15:24 Freedom of the City to be awarded to two inspirational Ripon stalwarts
- 15:24 It now costs a LOT more to become a taxi driver in this part of...
- 15:24 Wetherby Lions news recruits
- 15:24 Doncaster man jailed after five thefts from Co-op, Morrisons and...
- 15:24 Blackpool woman missing for three days died at home from drugs and...
- 15:23 Man arrested after burglary spree- including 'gas attack' at...
- 15:23 South Shields icon Tommy the Trumpeter returns - for adults only
- 15:23 Wetherby Lions news recruits
- 15:23 SNP raise ‘tragic case’ of Scottish businessman on hunger strike in...
- 15:22 Black Country Live newsletter: Daily news direct to your email inbox
- 15:22 Robbers beat up man and steal items after argument on train