Waving goodbye? Olivier Giroud hints he’s set for £18m transfer move to Chelsea
Olivier Giroud looks to have played his last match for Arsenal as he waved his goodbyes to fans in emotional scenes after the side’s 3-1 defeat at Swansea.
The forward is understood to be on the brink of an £18million move to Chelsea this January and it’s expected that the deal will be officially announced on Wednesday.
Some reports suggested that Giroud would be left out of Arsenal’s squad for the trip to the Liberty Stadium but the Frenchman was named on the bench for the Premier League clash.
More: Football Arsenal lose further ground in race for top four after dismal Swansea defeat... read more
- 02:18 US-Turkey row: Pastor a 'pawn in personal feud'
- 02:18 Ecuador tightens entry rules for Venezuelan migrants
- 01:54 Child passive smoking 'increases chronic lung risk'
- 01:48 Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton keeps feet on ground in hometown...
- 01:30 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows