WATCH: Gallowheels campaign drives home new minibus for Galloway's Society for the Blind
We have done it!
Following a year-long Gallowheels campaign launched by the Post and Galloway’s Society for the Blind, the charity has enough funds to buy a much-needed minibus.
Thanks to the legacy and the successful campaign, users of the charity will now benefit from a new £35,000 bus.
The minibus will provide a vital life line for visually impaired people across Lancashire by providing transport enabling them to access social support, days out and activity and training days.
Over the past 12 months readers have generously donated funds, with the majority of the money raised from a... read more
- 09:19 Farewell to RAF Tornado jets - you served us well
- 09:17 Jose Mourinho made Paul Pogba feud public because he was...
- 09:17 This is why you may not hear PA announcements or see information on...
- 09:17 Missing Dunfermline woman's disappearance 'completely out of...
- 09:16 Flooding set for parts of UK, but Merseyside will be swilled merely...
- 09:16 "Shocked" ISIS teen Shamima Begum slams "unjust" decision to strip...
- 09:15 Football transfer rumours: Zidane to replace Sarri at Chelsea?
- 09:15 Hartlepool United analysis: Craig Hignett injects the joy back into...
- 09:15 Championship transfer rumours: Newcastle United monitoring Leeds...
- 09:15 Search for missing Hugo Palmer and Erwan Ferrieux scaled back
- 09:14 Tesco selling Lemon and Lime Jaffa Cakes for a ludicrously low price
- 09:13 Doncaster homecoming for Aerosmith and Stevie Nicks' hatmaker
- 09:13 Doncaster pilots new mental health assessments for children in care
- 09:13 Health and beauty salon The Harmony Group celebrates 20th...
- 09:12 Traffic building near Warwick bypass due to accident
- 09:11 YouTube is simplifying the ‘three strike policy’ for rulebreakers...
- 09:09 Can ISIS jihadi bride Shamima Begum be stripped of her UK citizenship?
- 09:09 Sainsbury’s hikes price of 150 beers and ciders - how your shop is...
- 09:09 The huge backing West Brom have received - and how they compare to...
- 09:09 This is why you may not hear PA announcements or see information on...
- 09:07 Wigan A&E waiting times soared due to infection outbreaks
- 09:07 Brierfield man charged with dangerous driving
- 09:04 Sick arsonists set fire to house with children inside
- 09:04 St Leonard's Church marking 150th anniversary of its home with...
- 09:03 Doncaster homecoming for Aerosmith and Stevie Nicks' hatmaker
- 09:03 Doncaster pilots new mental health assessments for children in care
- 09:03 Revealed: Sheffield’s top 10 takeaways
- 09:02 Farewell to RAF Tornado jets - you served us well
- 09:02 Severfield raises £6,000 for Saint Catherine’s Hospice
- 09:02 St Johnstone’s Chris Kane came close to ‘perfect’ performance