WATCH: Gallowheels campaign drives home new minibus for Galloway's Society for the Blind
We have done it!
Following a year-long Gallowheels campaign launched by the Post and Galloway’s Society for the Blind, the charity has enough funds to buy a much-needed minibus.
Thanks to the legacy and the successful campaign, users of the charity will now benefit from a new £35,000 bus.
The minibus will provide a vital life line for visually impaired people across Lancashire by providing transport enabling them to access social support, days out and activity and training days.
Over the past 12 months readers have generously donated funds, with the majority of the money raised from a... read more
- 14:14 Woman reunited with wedding ring nine years after flushing it
- 14:14 Whole Foods found to have cancer-linked chemicals in their packaging
- 14:14 Marks & Spencer is now selling foot long pigs in blankets
- 14:14 Drinking a glass of wine a day could keep you out of the hospital
- 14:14 Get out of jail free - how Yorkshire firm’s Monopoly boards helped...
- 14:14 Reward on offer to catch Corby’s most wanted man
- 14:14 Plans for housing on riverside site resubmitted
- 14:13 Why has Labour not called a no-confidence vote?
- 14:13 Holding Court: entrepreneur Harry Mead on the future of private...
- 14:12 Reward on offer to catch Corby’s most wanted man
- 14:12 Live: Huge traffic tailbacks after collision at busy Nuneaton island
- 14:11 Will Sir Greg Knight be backing Theresa May in tonight's vote?
- 14:11 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:10 Alisson the rock in Liverpool’s solid defence, says Van Dijk
- 14:10 Team Sky’s legacy: titles and ambition tarnished by coldness and...
- 14:10 'It came a bit out the blue' The verdicts from the Wolves dressing...
- 14:10 Meet the rough sleepers living on the streets of Birmingham
- 14:10 Masked crowbar thugs storm Spar Express and snap open till in Great...
- 14:10 Santa tells children to 'get the f*** out' after ripping off beard...
- 14:10 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:10 Valley councillors overturn controversial change to complaints...
- 14:08 Cat Smith column: This Brexit shambles is definitely not top of the...
- 14:07 Will Sir Greg Knight be backing Theresa May in tonight's vote?
- 14:06 Festive magic at Woodhall Spa’s Christmas Fayre
- 14:05 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:05 Explorer inspires Skegness pupils with his book donation
- 14:05 Theresa May could stand down before election, No 10 suggests
- 14:05 Young stars shine in traditional show
- 14:05 Warning of booze risks
- 14:03 Coventry City FC quiz: Can you name these 12 Sky Blues players from...