WATCH: Gallowheels campaign drives home new minibus for Galloway's Society for the Blind
0 Have your say We have done it!
Following a year-long Gallowheels campaign launched by the Post and Galloway’s Society for the Blind, the charity has enough funds to buy a much-needed minibus.
Thanks to the legacy and the successful campaign, users of the charity will now benefit from a new £35,000 bus.
The minibus will provide a vital life line for visually impaired people across Lancashire by providing transport enabling them to access social support, days out and activity and training days.
Over the past 12 months readers have generously donated funds, with the majority of the money... read more
- 06:16 Leeds prepares moving salute to tragic soldier George Edwin Ellison
- 06:14 William Wallace: Helping music education in state schools to hit...
- 06:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit divisions laid bare by People’s...
- 06:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Postcode lottery for surgery goes against...
- 06:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Jason Liversidge’s spirit of adventure is...
- 06:14 HS2 route ‘will have devastating impact’ in South Yorkshire, claims...
- 06:12 Kavanaugh once lobbied for judge now handling ethics complaints...
- 06:12 UK’s science reputation 'at risk if academic visa issues not resolved'
- 06:12 'Why was their trust betrayed?': Australia apologises to child sex...
- 06:11 Poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy reflects on First World War with...
- 06:11 Bodyguard ‘most misogynistic TV show in years’
- 06:11 Apple pick of the bunch as UK’s most popular private employers...
- 06:10 Tom Lees: Tories could pay the price for criminal record on...
- 06:10 Chris Hemsworth picks up US hitchhiker in Australia
- 06:09 Actress Selma Blair reveals multiple sclerosis diagnosis
- 06:07 Childhood obesity rates in Hartlepool are among the highest in England
- 06:07 Hartlepool students return from African adventure with new outlook...
- 06:07 Chelsea news: Blues could LOSE ‘unhappy’ N’Golo Kante due to...
- 06:02 Helen Martin: Bosses! You need to listen to your frontline staff
- 06:02 Robert Aldridge: Jacob Rees-Mogg still insists on ‘Tinkerbell Brexit’
- 06:02 New hires broaden boundaries at tech firm
- 06:02 MPs push for research on antimicrobial resistance
- 06:02 Brian Monteith: Embattled Theresa May tangled up in her own red lines
- 06:02 Labour calls for end to cashpoint charges
- 06:02 Axe council tax to secure budget deal, demand Greens
- 06:00 Jayne Dowle: Fear of Yorkshire’s strengths reveals Westminster’s...
- 06:00 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:59 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:56 US throws diplomatic support behind Macedonia name change
- 05:52 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday