WATCH: Alton Towers thrilling new ride Wicker Man - combining wood and fire
Alton Towers’ newest ride, Wicker Man, has been captured by drone footage to show the thrilling new experience.
Costing £16 million to create, it is the first wooden roller coaster in the UK for 21 years.
It is nearly 58 feet tall and spans 2,000 feet of wooden tracks, where riders will see a human face on one side and a ram on the other.
As they hurtle through it, it bursts into flames for a terrifying experience.
The video shows the expansive ride, intricately designed out of the wood with flames throughout.
The 12 passenger trains speed through the tracks three times before coming to a... read more
- 02:53 Dara O'Briain on why comedians are reluctant to do Mock The Week
- 02:38 Facebook failing to protect moderators from mental trauma, lawsuit...
- 02:32 Wales tops England on NHS doctors' and dentists' pay deal
- 02:32 Mike Hall: UK cyclist died instantly in race collision, inquest told
- 02:22 Advocates fear NSW child protection bill reduces rights of birth...
- 02:09 Melbourne pedestrian killed by a car while helping dying motorcyclist
- 01:58 Court orders Peter Dutton to transfer ill family of three from Nauru
- 01:51 Loneliness a ‘major public health concern’ a number of isolated...
- 01:35 David Attenborough says BBC should prioritise arts
- 01:25 US man, 74, found alive days after fire in Washington DC
- 01:22 Labour threat to vote against Theresa May's Brexit plan
- 01:20 Paul Gascoigne's nephew self-medicated with internet drugs, mother...
- 01:16 Two staff at Market Rasen school resign after 'romp on...
- 01:14 Natalie Bennett: Appetite for a democratic revolution
- 01:14 Andrew Vine: Labour MPs can’t keep on dodging questions about...
- 01:11 Fatal plane crash: Queensland pilot may have lost control due to...
- 01:11 Elderly man found alive inside building five days after it burned down
- 01:00 Domestic abuse victims 'failed' by private probation service
- 00:59 Raptor crime report sparks fresh calls for grouse moor licensing
- 00:56 Letter from Africa: Why I was sentenced to 5,000 years in jail
- 00:56 Reality Check: The worst place to be stranded at sea?
- 00:50 Why an authentic taste of India is going down so well for Gokul...
- 00:47 Labour wants green energy to power most UK homes by 2030
- 00:46 Lincolnshire’s Chief Constable warns of ‘stark choices’ ahead if...
- 00:45 Labour peer Charles Falconer apologises over war on drugs
- 00:44 Sudoku 4,174 medium
- 00:41 Dellen Millard killed father as he slept and inherited millions
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: TV at its very best. The 60th anniversary...
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural indifference. Main parties neglect...
- 00:32 The Yorkshire Post says: The three-way Brexit battle. Deep...