Warwickshire Bears give Jonathan Trott perfect send-off
Warwickshire secured the Specsavers County Championship Division Two title by beating Kent by an innings and 34 runs inside three days at Edgbaston.
Kent will still join the Bears in the top tier next season but had to settle for runners-up spot after failing to deliver the fightback required after they were outclassed on the opening two days.
Day three followed a similar pattern as Kent, trailing by 213 on first innings, resumed on 38 for one in the second and were bowled out for 179.
Warwickshire first-team coach Jim Troughton said: “To beat the other best team in the league in... read more
- 10:26 £3.5m cinder track plans to be put on display in Whitby
- 10:26 Sheffield man locked up for threatening teenagers with knife during...
- 10:25 Delays on A46 after two cars crash near Stoneleigh
- 10:25 Manchester United and Liverpool chase PSV winger
- 10:25 League One and Two Live: Sunderland target Glen Kamara refuses to...
- 10:24 Tributes to 'amazing' Halifax mum found dead at her home
- 10:24 More incidents of racist hate crime reported in Derbyshire
- 10:23 Sir Quentin Blake brings science pioneers to life
- 10:23 This is how Headlands School welcomed back Bridlington's new boxing...
- 10:22 Teen urged to return giant rare moth after boasting about taking...
- 10:22 More incidents of racist hate crime reported in Derbyshire
- 10:22 Fylde coast pharmacy worker wins national award
- 10:22 £50,000 reward to help catch killer of mutilated prostitute
- 10:21 Delays on A46 after two cars crash near Stoneleigh
- 10:20 Sheffield man locked up for threatening teenagers with knife during...
- 10:20 Lancaster MP Cat Smith slams Home Office over treatment of...
- 10:20 Another Bowland hen harrier mysteriously disappears near grouse...
- 10:20 Brexit ‘won’t do anything to improve towns that voted to leave’,...
- 10:20 Huawei boldly claims its Mate 20 X phone can take on the...
- 10:20 Why this Stellenbosch blew me away
- 10:19 Iceland is selling three pizzas, two garlic bread baguettes and a...
- 10:19 Man suffers fractured jaw in Kettering assault
- 10:19 ‘Cancer-risk gene meant I had no option but to have surgery’, says...
- 10:19 Religious hate crime on the rise across Northamptonshire
- 10:19 Police appeal to trace this Corby man
- 10:17 Religious hate crime increases by 50% in the region
- 10:17 Fears pub industry could take a hit if beer duty is raised
- 10:17 Motorists may be required to give way to pedestrians and cyclists...
- 10:17 More incidents of racist hate crime reported in Derbyshire
- 10:16 Firefighters put kitchen blaze out at Nelson house