Warwick and Leamington MP speaks in parliament on limiting working hours for bus drivers after tragedy
Warwick and Leamington MP Matt Western has spoken in parliament in his bid to change the working hours of bus drivers following a crash in which a Sydenham schoolboy was killed.
Speaking to Leader of the House of Commons Andrea Leadsom MP Mr Weston said: "In 2015, seven-year-old Rowan Fitzgerald, a constituent of mine, died in a bus crash.
"Last week, having pleaded guilty, Midland Red—part of Stagecoach—was sentenced and fined under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
"At the time of the accident, the driver was 77 years old and had worked an average of 72 hours in the... read more
- 23:48 Arsenal ready to swoop for £40m Cristian Pavon in January transfer
- 23:46 Bill Jamieson: Mackay ‘no change’ budget belies big risks
- 23:42 Grateful Japan’s just-in-time dram
- 23:39 Hundreds of trafficked children ‘lost’ by local authorities
- 23:38 Multiple crashes on M74 as drivers caught out by freezing rain and...
- 23:38 Edinburgh-bound easyJet flight diverted after passenger suffers...
- 23:36 Ecommerce entrepreneur targets Scotland
- 23:36 Thinking of moving? Take advice from property expert Phil Spencer
- 23:36 The Big Interview: Robert Kilgour of Renaissance Care
- 23:36 Powerchair soccer a hit with disabled Scots sportsmen and women
- 23:35 Library snaps up rare Sylvia Plath poem first published by Scottish...
- 23:32 Manchester United put Paul Pogba up for sale in January...
- 23:31 Euan McColm: At least Theresa May’s not the other guy
- 23:31 Vote for protection against Brexit, Derek Mackay urges MSPs
- 23:31 Assisted dying ‘only option for many with terminal illness’
- 23:31 NATURE NOTES: Waifs and strays provide some rare sightings for...
- 23:31 Timely safety advice as winter continues to tighten its grip
- 23:30 Major fire rips through terraced house in Weelsby Street
- 23:30 Chester Zoo launches £50,000 fundraising campaign to repair damage...
- 23:29 Meghan and Harry will spend Christmas Day with William and Kate...
- 23:19 Jose Mourinho in dark over Manchester United’s transfer plans for...
- 23:13 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall:...
- 23:12 Cyclone Owen downgraded, but could reform off Queensland
- 23:04 Matthew Walls and Fred Wright claim silver in Madison at track...
- 22:58 Chelsea win transfer race for Christian Pulisic ahead of Liverpool...
- 22:57 New bridge will make wood access easier
- 22:48 José Mourinho admits he is in the dark over possible January signings
- 22:48 Michael van Gerwen showered with beer at PDC World Championship
- 22:48 Girl, 12, is ‘dying before her mum’s eyes’ due to lifelong phobia...
- 22:44 David Hurley to be named next governor general of Australia