Warning after man with knife sighted by schoolchildren in Dewsbury
A Dewsbury school has extended a warning to parents after pupils on their way home from school saw a man with a knife.
Jim Taylor, headteacher at St John Fisher Catholic Voluntary Academy on Oxford Road, sent out a letter today (March 15), encouraging parents and pupils to be wary of stranger danger.
Three teenagers witnessed the man on Staincliffe Hall Road as they walked home from school on Wednesday. Scared, they ran for cover.
Mr Taylor's letter to parents said: "In the incident, a car stopped by the side of the road near to a group of students from the school.
"One of the... read more
- 11:44 Petition calls for Del Boy statue at Only fools and Horses tower...
- 11:43 Barclays WSL deal a ‘landmark moment’ for women’s football
- 11:43 Harworth Mum ‘died at the hands of former partner’, murder trial told
- 11:42 Landmark Doncaster pub goes up for sale
- 11:42 Hull coroner takes over investigation into body found in Humber...
- 11:42 'Hate is on the march' - anger and defiance after city mosque attacks
- 11:42 Parents risking £180 fines because of their child's poor dental health
- 11:42 Preston recycling business fined £20k after employee was injured
- 11:42 The first ‘Equinox Supermoon’ for 19 years captured around the...
- 11:42 When is the next general election and could it be held earlier?
- 11:42 No Deal Brexit would place food banks in ‘dangerous position’,...
- 11:42 Dog dies after being left in plane’s cargo hold
- 11:42 Top Edinburgh lawyer: are we heading for an accidental 'no deal'...
- 11:42 Town-centre development could start in autumn - but residents...
- 11:42 Trophy hunter creeps up on sleeping lion, shoots it, then celebrates
- 11:42 Excellent! Bill and Ted to go on summer adventure
- 11:41 Aberdeen Standard Investments to advise on five Virgin Money funds
- 11:41 Wedding trainers are now a thing, for brides who want style and...
- 11:41 Harrowing moment teenager tells mum 'I've been stabbed' in phone call
- 11:40 Childhood trauma affects brain structure making clinical depression...
- 11:40 Vital charities helping young homeless in Burnley, Pendle and the...
- 11:39 Three men jailed for 17 years for offering illegal streaming of...
- 11:38 Scarborough firm fined over benefits payments to council
- 11:37 Over £18,000 added to Rugby council's special fund to boost our...
- 11:37 Vital charities helping young homeless in Burnley, Pendle and the...
- 11:36 Appeal following Warwick armed robbery
- 11:36 Ambulance service getting to patients faster than ever
- 11:36 In this week’s Herald
- 11:36 Solihull cycle scheme set to become a charity
- 11:36 Cruel scrap metal thieves steal children's SWINGS from Solihull parks