Wall Street CRASH: ANGRY investors lose THOUSANDS after CHAOTIC system outages trap money
Websites and apps collapsed from the strain of traffic as investors rushed to log into their accounts during one of the heaviest trading days in a decade.
It was one of the worst days for US stocks in more than six years and the technology failures stopped investors placing orders.
Customers of Vanguard, TD Ameritrade, T Rowe Price and Charles Schwab were among those affected.
One TD Ameritrade customer said: “[The app] literally just cost me $5,500… What a terrible end to a great day of profiting”.
Another said: “All hell breaks loose and I cannot log into my app?”
A New York-based... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle