Violet Grace's parents describe moment she was born in heartbreaking birthday tribute
The parents of a little girl killed in a hit and run paid tribute with emotional letters describing what would have been her fifth birthday.
Violet-Grace Youens, who should be celebrating her birthday today, was killed on March 24 when a stolen Ford Fiesta hit her and her grandmother Angela as they walked along Prescot Road, St Helens.
Her parents, Glenn and Rebecca, today penned emotional letters to their daughter - shared with the ECHO - describing the day she was born and how they would have marked her birthday.
Rebecca described how she was unable to sleep because she was “thinking of... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle