Vietnam declares California-based group terrorists
Vietnam has declared a United States-based activist group a terrorist organisation and warned that any Vietnamese found to be involved with the group would be regarded as co-conspirators and punished.
The government said the California-based Viet Tan, or Vietnam Reform Party, had recruited and trained operatives to use weapons and explosives.
Vietnam has long been sensitive to the activities of Viet Tan, calling the group "reactionaries" but the announcement carried on state television was the first time it had designated it a terrorist organisation.
The police-run Ministry of... read more
- 01:28 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:26 Sunderland schoolgirl takes part in rare sea baptism in South Shields
- 01:26 Hundreds turn out to mark Armed Forces Day in South Shields
- 01:23 Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
- 01:23 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:20 Is Kirklees a dinosaur?
- 01:20 $esc.html($content.name)
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...
- 01:05 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:01 Clashes in Nigeria between farmers and herders kill 86
- 01:00 Baroness Sugg: Heathrow expansion will benefit all of UK
- 01:00 Jayne Dowle: Time to ban mobile phones from the classroom
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Back into battle. Treatment of military...
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire’s future. Dan Jarvis leading...
- 00:54 Peter Gordon's panna cotta with balsamic blackberries recipe
- 00:54 The Yorkshire Post says: A new deal for rural Britain? Don’t write...
- 00:53 MPs gear up for crunch Heathrow vote without Boris Johnson
- 00:52 Train passengers stranded in Glasgow for nearly two hours due to...
- 00:52 Thousands descend on Edinburgh for Cancer Research Race For Life
- 00:47 Sir Philip Green came close to acquiring M&S in 2004, book claims
- 00:47 Little green bag: Morrisons turns to paper in war on plastic
- 00:47 Single first-time buyer in London needs 17 years to find 15%...
- 00:47 Ofgem appoints economist Martin Cave as chairman
- 00:42 Barrow model train club offer free days to local disability groups
- 00:38 Mental health services for the young is NHS's 'silent catastrophe'
- 00:36 The $5bn tech boss who grew up without electricity
- 00:35 Ministers shake up contract bidding rules
- 00:34 Paper bags for fruit and veg return to Morrisons in bid to cut down...
- 00:34 ‘World’s biggest pizza’ contains 11,000 calories and is four-foot wide
- 00:29 England show best of rugby league in dazzling Denver defeat of New...